Oops, nearly a bad accident

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibby33

Reaction score
This is the bridge that I go over to get to work each day. The crane driver is apparently ok. Looks like I shall have to go to the pub tonight and wait until it is all cleared. What a shame. $5 jugs at the local pub for ANYTHING on tap! :tank:

http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,21937064-921,00.html

This is the second version of the bridge ...a big ship crashed into the previous bridge in 1975 and brought it down. Locals are a little bit paraniod now and the bridge is closed when ever a ship goes through it.

...there is a maintanence walkway that is suspended under the bridge, that is what you see in the picture. In order to move it to the next section of the bridge it has to be disconnected and moved by crane (I suspect next time they will use a bigger crane!)

Reminds me of a propeller change out that went bad. The commanding officer (of the submarine) was in a hurry, so he insisted the base use their 10-ton crane to move a 27,000 pound prop. Well, splunk! Then they had to wait for the 100 ton floating crane to pickup the original crane and prop. Fortunately, no one got hurt other than some bumps.

dibby33 said:
$5 jugs at the local pub for ANYTHING on tap! :tank:

Well, went to pub at 4pm. Paid full price for an hour. 5pm came, $5 jugs of hoegarden, duvel, James Squire Pale Ale, Moo Brew Pale Ale, Bees Neez.
The blokes that I were with normally just drink BMC (Cascade Draught) and I attempted to educate them! I bought the beers and told them to try them. They ended up buying BMC. ...you can take the horse to water...

6pm came and $6 jugs. Pool playing ability reached a peak.
7pm came and $7 jugs. Went home. Had tea. Went to bed a happy man.
:ban:

Dibby, color me uneducated but how big (volume) is a jug and what is your dollar worth (compared to US)? just trying to get an idea of value.

dibby33 said:
I have entered into retirement.
NOOOOooooooo!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Say it aint so, dibby, say it ain't so!

Now who will be my hero? Who will set the bar as high as you did? Who will be my pillar of strength when I just can't shove one more down my gullet? Who will deliver the sermon at all the weird little churches?

Don't even talk to me. You're so... so... ordinary now.

I think I'll take up crane operating now. There's nothing left.

:D

Fingers said:
NOOOOooooooo!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Say it aint so, dibby, say it ain't so!

Now who will be my hero? Who will set the bar as high as you did? Who will be my pillar of strength when I just can't shove one more down my gullet? Who will deliver the sermon at all the weird little churches?

I HAVE NOT RETIRED FROM DRINKING. Jings crevins, help ma boab. Are you mad?

*sniff* really? You're not just teasing??

We can still share a keg on Taz? Well, a keg for you and a six pack for me. Two six packs and two kegs. Okay, we'll do a keg, three six packs, and then go bar hopping. But we'll have lunch first.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll never get to Taz. I probably wouldn't survive it anyway. It's like staring into the eye of God. You can look, but your soul is forever lost. In this case it would be my liver. Then again, it's pretty large so it might take a while to kill it......

:mug: :mug:

dibby33 said:
Well, went to pub at 4pm. Paid full price for an hour. 5pm came, $5 jugs of hoegarden, duvel, James Squire Pale Ale, Moo Brew Pale Ale, Bees Neez.
6pm came and $6 jugs. Pool playing ability reached a peak.
7pm came and $7 jugs. Went home. Had tea. Went to bed a happy man.
:ban:

To quote the above...

I am also going to a birthday party in a pub tonight. 2mrw is Friday, say no more. Saturday I have to go for birthday drinks for my brother in law. Sunday my liver should pack in.

Back