Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quarters

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am very new to this site and home brewing so I thought I would go and post a thread.

My first batch of beer was a Northwest Amber Ale. For hops I used 1 oz. Mt. Hood (Bittering) and 1 oz. Cascade (Finishing). Malt I used 7 lbs. of Amber Malt Extract. And for yeast I used wyeast Northwest Ale. The Amber has gone threw both fermentation stages. I am now letting it carbonate and then I will have it condition for 2-3 more weeks. Then its :mug: time!

Last night I started brewing my 2nd batch. It will be a Honey Wheat Ale. I used 7 lbs. of wheat Malt Extract, 1 lb. of Wheat malt, and 1 lb. of Munich malt. Hops I went with 2 oz. of Mt. Hood (Bittering) and 1 oz. of Liberty (Finishing). I then went and added 2 lbs. of honey. I have been told honey in, is alchool out. (to a point of course...) So I went for the gold! :rockin:

After I pithced my yeast the air lock had a pretty good bubble pattern going so I was pretty happy.

I just got home to check on it and the temp. and it is bubbling like crazy. The yeast cells are chowing down. :)

Back