Leaky tap on boiler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulStat

Reaction score
So I finally replaced the tap on my Burco with a ball valve, I do however have a slight drip in the highlighted area, the nut is as tight as it will go. I'm fairly useless at DIY type stuff (it took me nearly 45 mins to fit figure out how to fit it) so how do I stop the drip?

leakytapun0.jpg

Never seen a set up like that, is it leaking from the threads on the ball valve or from the pipe area? if its the threads try some teflon tape .

Edit: Maybe there was a rubber gasket like on a garden hose that didn't make it back in there when you replaced the valve

Never seen a set up like that, is it leaking from the threads on the ball valve or from the pipe area? if its the threads try some teflon tape .

Edit: Maybe there was a rubber gasket like on a garden hose that didn't make it back in there when you replaced the valve

Electricity is cheaper for us Brits to use rather than gas, hence the what is essentially a 27 litre kettle, I believe this one used to be used to boil clothes, but the tap was rubbish so I've replaced it.

I believe it was leaking from the thread end not the pipe end.

in the picture the "nut" connecting the valve to the pipe looks like a garden hose type connector I would think there would some type of gasket in there.

in the picture the "nut" connecting the valve to the pipe looks like a garden hose type connector I would think there would some type of gasket in there.

Nope it's a standard brass nut for a compression fitting

Back