i am durnk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You drunkard! A pox on thee for daring to drink the devils brew!!!

When you hurl, be sure to shout out 'HBT 4 LYFE!!!' then pass out.

Noooo no excedrin, that's bad for your liver. Take a vitamin pill instead. Then another glass of water.

EvilTOJ said:
Noooo no excedrin, that's bad for your liver. Take a vitamin pill instead. Then another glass of water.

Haha, as if drinking until you puke isn't bad for your liver.

Just curious, is excedrin only bad for your liver when you have alcohol in your system? Or is it bad for your liver all the time?

Just curious, is excedrin only bad for your liver when you have alcohol in your system? Or is it bad for your liver all the time

Like tylenol its not bad persei- But in addition to the stress your liver is already under its a double whammy.

aekdbbop said:
hops are deliciousl...

io a, drunk.. dont judge me...

[eace out..

i thik im gonna hurl.
Now that's how drunk posts are done!

Were you so drunk that you changed your username too? :)

MikeFlynn74 said:
Like tylenol its not bad persei- But in addition to the stress your liver is already under its a double whammy.

So what pain pill, if any, is appropriate to take under these circumstances?

Probably aspirin, since it only thins the blood and doesn't attack your liver like tylenol or advil does. Most pain relievers attack the liver just like alcohol does, which is why people can die from it. Just the same, it's best not to take any pain reliever until morning.

The best hangover cure I've ever found is drinking so much water I can't stand it before I pass out, wait a few minutes, then take a multivitamin with another huge glass of water. I usually get up to pee in the night a few times, but it beats feeling like the floor of a taxicab in the morning. Then when you wake up, take a shower then get some nice greasy food in your stomach.

wow.. that was a fun night... it's been at least 2 years since i had a "fun" drunk..

I didnt puke.. and I feel fine today... I was just uneasy cause the SWMBO had to drive home, and that makes me uneasy when i am sober...

lmao...

no pain meds and no vitamin pills for me. just lotsa water, and a greasy breakfast/late night crash dish. grass helps too, but that's jsut me. :mug:

EvilTOJ said:
The best hangover cure I've ever found is drinking so much water I can't stand it before I pass out, wait a few minutes, then take a multivitamin with another huge glass of water. I usually get up to pee in the night a few times, but it beats feeling like the floor of a taxicab in the morning. Then when you wake up, take a shower then get some nice greasy food in your stomach.

Whataburger or Taco Cabana. Mmmm. Big glass of water. Vitamin, and keep a big glass of icewater by the bed all night. I had a big 44oz cup in college my roomate called my drunk cup, cuz thats the only time it got used.

Heh. I had a similar problem last weekend... My Canuck friend came down for a visit... we've visited each other 4 times in the past, and EVERY time she and I are in the same city, I wind up with alcohol poisoning within 24 hours of her arrival.

Yeah. It happened again. Case race with Busch Light, and a spirited game of Chase the Ace with my friends.... except we use special rules to accelerate drunkenness....

Spent all of last Saturday (not the 19th, the one before) bed-bound, watching a molotov of Joe Dirt, Jackass The Movie, and CNN that spun me into a dimension of grumpy and holed up that I hadn't been since... well, yeah, the last time I had alcohol poisoning.

This weekend went much better, I've been taking it easy on the sauce all week (and making up for it with other stuff)

Oh and +1, SWMBO isnt allowed to drive when I'm riding along, except some mornings on the way to work (because i'm sleepy enough to not notice the impending death)

What about a little hair o' the dog the next morning? A finger of whiskey in the coffee?
pillepalle.gif

I never understood "clamato" juice, either, but I see all these hungover businessmen in the airport sucking it down with a shot of vodka or something. *shudder* Makes me squinch up just thinking about it.
puke.gif

I wasn't hungover so much as I was exhausted and physically spent from stomach convulsions.... went to bed drunk, and couldn't keep water down until 5pm the next night... so i spent a lot of time between very sore and very crabby. Didnt even eat food till Sunday mid-day, that's a full 36 hours later.

MikeFlynn74 said:
A gallon of lemon lime first thing in the morning and 20min later your on top of the world

Whhaaaa? Really? Never tried it. I've always stuck with Gatorade or some Apfelshorle. Hmm.

Wait...maybe you're being sarcastic..i'm druck too :drunk:

I usually just start a line, run 1-2 liters of fluid, 100 mg thiamine, 25 g D50, and I'm all good!

Woohoo!

Strong coffee and greasy breakfast help a bit, too.

:mug: You are not really drunk:drunk: unless you are lying down holding on to the grass to keep from the face of the earth!:drunk:

MikeFlynn74 said:
A gallon of lemon lime first thing in the morning and 20min later your on top of the world

Absolutely! Sometimes, though, I have to start it off a little slow, but I'll get there. It's great over ice to get started, too.

TL

oh yeah. Gatorade is the best. But i find i like it to finish off the night and/or as a mid-drinking break. You don’t have to worry about a hangover at all. Try it next time and you will be glad you did.

brett said:
So what pain pill, if any, is appropriate to take under these circumstances?

asprin or ibprofen (advil) are really the best pain pills to take. the acetominophen in excedrin and tylonol can REALLY play havoc with your liver, even when you havn't been drinking.

deathweed said:
the acetominophen in excedrin and tylonol can REALLY play havoc with your liver, even when you havn't been drinking.

Word to that. Avoid any "NSAID"s for the same reason. I stick to Ibuprofen and multivitamins when I've been drinking.
Edit: OH, and muscle relaxants too. :)

TexLaw said:
Gatorade has been my Holy Grail for years. I've never found a better hangover cure.

TL

Amen on the Gatorade. I remember back in the day when drinking heavily was my favorite thing to do I would treat my hangovers with a cold lemon ice gatorade (the clear stuff that I don't think they make anymore) and a couple of those nasty gas station hot dogs covered in onions and mustard. Did the trick every time.

uglygoat said:
lmao...

no pain meds and no vitamin pills for me. just lotsa water, and a greasy breakfast/late night crash dish. grass helps too, but that's jsut me. :mug:
this just makes me puke when i'm druck
but gatarade rocks with a tylenol (i can't take ibuprofen)

Back