Help with a clever name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jah

Reaction score
I am getting ready to brew a trappist dubbel style belgian beer. any ideas on a name? I would like to tie it into pirates. heres a couple pics of my first batch neck and bottle labels.
blackflagsingleneck.jpg

BlackFlagbrewery.jpg

Dubloon Ale .... maybe Dirty Dubloon Ale or Dark Dubloon Ale (cause its more brown than gold)

thank me later ;)

Well, after tooling around on wikipedia with the idea for a bit, I found that Dunkirkers were a cross between mercenaries and pirates....named after the area of Dunkirk which is on the border of france and belgium...

that might help...

sirsloop said:
Dubloon Ale .... maybe Dirty Dubloon Ale or Dark Dubloon Ale (cause its more brown than gold)

thank me later ;)

awesome idea what do you think about this

dubbelbarrelale.jpg

I love that. The first thing I thought of was something with dubloons, too.

Just to be picky, though, unless you're operating in a Trappist monastery, it's not appropriate to call your beer "Trappist." I'm not talking about trademarks, anal taxonomy, or anything like that. I'm just talking about propriety and respect. "Abbey" or "Abbey Style," of course, are just fine. However, you're a pirate. What do you care? :)

TL

Thank you for all of your suggestions.... after playing with the idea for a while this is what i have decided on.
:ban:

dunkirkersdubbeloon.jpg

Back