no shot glasses in VA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
A co-worker of mine was told by someone at O'Charlies (think TGIFridays or Ruby Tuesdays) that she could only give him a shot of tequila in a tumbler, not a shot glass. He also says that when we to to happy hour at TGIFriday's, his shots come in tumblers there too. Is there some kind of law in VA about not being able to give someone a shot glass? What is the difference what kind of glass they get if there is still a shot of alcohol in there?

the_bird said:
Speculating, but do shot glasses have a tendancy to disappear into coat pockets more readily that tumblers?

so what? now you're calling me a thief?? seriously, I paid for all the shot glasses in my cupboard. I really, really did!!! geesh!!!

stop judging me!

Back years ago when I used to go to Penny Lane all the time the shots were always in shot glasses. I'm thinking that the places you mentioned don't sell enough shots to justify having the small glasses on hand and are easier to slip into a coat pocket and walk out with.

The only time I was in VA, I did my drinking on base. There were many notices posted warning us about the weird drinking laws, speed traps and micro-enforcement of traffic laws if you had out of state plates.

Didn't hurt that drinks were cheaper on base.

Ever try carrying a platter of full shot glasses through a crowded bar? Good chance that they'll go SPLASH!!!

Most TGI Friday's don't sell shots because of the liability they bring. When I worked at Fridays, we were told to discourage people from doing shooters and try to get them to mix them with something like coke or water.

But what's the point if they'll just give you a tumbler? Put it in a pint if you want, a shot of liquour does the same thing no matter what glass it is in.

Back