I'm still amazed how comforting it is...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msabin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still amazed how comforting it is to have the bubbling of an airlock in the background!

Some people get little fountains or special alarm-clocks which make ocean wave sounds or whatever. Me, I have a carboy on the kitchen counter bubbling away most of the time.

--Matthew

I like it to. Also a big bennie is when SWMBO starts saying "Did you fart" I can blame the Apfelwein or the lager ....:rockin:

You know you are a brewer when you can't sleep without the reassuring blub-blub, blub-blub

I usually can't wait for the bubbling to slow down so I don't have to be paranoid all the time "what's the temp at? 10 minutes later, What's the temp at?"

I'm going to move to foil for my next batch, but I really am going to miss that sound.

I agree with you for once Evan! I don't use airlocks anymore, and I primary in blind buckets now too. It seems some of the sensualities of brewing have left me but I'm fine with it.

Back