Favorite commercial beer? Just for fun!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just for fun I thought I'd start a thread to see what beers people love. I'll start the list with a few of my personal faves, these are all beers I enjoy on a very regular basis:
Fuller's ESB, SNPA, Anchor Steam, Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat, Brooklyn Lager, Pilsner Urquel (cans), 21st Amendment Brew Free or Die IPA, DFH 60 min (when I can get over to WI to get it), Grand Teton Sweetgrass APA, Left Hand Sawtooth Ale.....

I could go on, but those are the commercial beers I buy regularly.
:mug:

Recently had Rogue's Chocolate Stout- Great beer. I plan on keeping that one around

Lagunitas IPA, Sierra Nevada's Old Chico, Spaten Oktoberfest, Speakeasy Payback Porter, Anderson Valley Summer Solstice.

Rogue Mocha Porter and Shakespeare Stout. DFH Chickory Stout, Xingu Black Lager, Magic Hat #9, Hoegaarden, Bold City Dukes Brown Ale, etc etc.

Currently have a case of Deschutes Hop Henge stashed in my kegerator, and usually keep a sixer of Deschutes Red Chair around as well.

SN Torpedo, Spaten Optimator, Ayinger brau-weisse, Franziskaner Dunkel-weisse, New Belgian Mighty Arrow..

Being a Northern California native, I tend to rotate between the local IPAs/Imperial IPAs: Racer 5 (Bear Republic), Lagunitas IPA/Maximus/Hop Stoopid, and Pliny the Elder (Russian River).

I've been getting into Belgians more and more, and I like Pranqster a lot.

Terrapin Hopsecutioner and Stone Ruination are two of my favs. I really like Chocolate Stouts as well, Rogue, Youngs, etc.

At the moment, I would probably say Les Trois Mousquetaires Baltic Porter, liquid bliss.

Domestic: Harpoon UFO White, Magic Hat #9.
Imports: Guinness, Young's Chocolate Stout, Sam Smith's Nutbrown.
Brew Pub / Restaurant: Anything from Gordon Biersch (I've had the Hefeweizen & Schwarzbier).

My 2nd beer brewed is a German style Hefeweizen and it's pretty amazing. (I like it much better than my 1st beer, a copper ale). In any case... I pretty much like most Hefeweizens.

Rogue Imperial Stout, Old Crustacean, Old Boardhead, Old Guardian, Oskar Blues Ten-Fidy, Samichlaus, Pilsner Urquel, Guinness and Twisted thistle IPA in a Black and Tan. etc.

Cantillon Iris. No contest. Sucks that it's no longer available in FL.

RRB supplication is way above everything for me - after that, pliny and damnation from RRB as well - beyond that, racer 5 from bear republic. they also made a belgian IPA called sidecar recently that was off the hook, but sadly it's no longer on tap.

Jealous of all you folks out west who can actually GET anything from Russian River. I've been dying to try Pliny and as of yet have not been able to find it.

I'm also (somehow) a fan of PBR. IMO its better than the other cheap swill, in that it's cheap and better than swill. Call it my lawnmower beer (or when I'm too broke to afford ingredients to brew).

Outside of that, I'm big on Stone's Ruination and Arrogant Bastard, Rogue Dead Guy, SNPA, DFH 90 min IPA, Chimay Grand Reserve or Rochefort 10 (although would you consider Trappist brews commercial?)

Bass Ale, Fuller's ESB, Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Ale, Guiness (draft), Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

I like to drink something different every time if possible. So much goodness out there. At the moment I am digging Aventinus, East End Pedal Pale Ale, Voodoo More Cowbell Imperial Oatmeal Stout.

Man, if I had to pick a select few,lagunitas brown shugga (how come you taste so good?), ballast point sculpin ipa and victory prima pils for those hot days.

Ellies Brown Ale, RedHook ESB, Stone Brewings' Smoked Porter is another.
IF I'm not stuck on something made domestically, my favorite is Hoogstraten Poorter. Id totally LOVE to have a good working clone of that stuff (yeah I know its not a porter, but the name is the name).
Mmmmm beeer. Now I can hardly wait to get off work in the morning and pull a pint of my Ellies Brown clone....

Ommegang Abbey Ale
Goose Island - Pere Jaque
New Glarus Dancing Man Wheat(I think one of the best if not the best hefe out there)
Bell's - Oberon Ale
Three Floyds - Gummballhead
Other than those, to me, everything else is just beer.

I hear three floyds is coming to Ohio again. Not to PA but at least there is a nice bottle shop in Boardman about an hours drive from here. Gotta try some gumball head and whatever else they have.

Currently ive been buying a lot of rogue ,and Stone, Lagunitas. Any Threee Floydes.FoundersLeft hand,Bells,Avery,Two Brothers, Sierras-seasonals often. Some of New Belgiums stuff.Flossmoor Station is one of my new favorites.I was impressed with Potosi which i just tried a while ago.Always looking out for new ones. Drinkin redhook ipa for first time now-not impressed-dryhopping they say?my nose must not be working right today.

This week it's Port Brewing's Wipeout IPA and Greenflash's West Coast IPA. The San Diego IPAs are really striking a cord with me these days.

Great Divide Claymore Scotch Ale. Left Hand Milk Stout and The Stranger Pale Ale. Paulaner Salvatore. New Belgium Trippel.

Sierra Nevada kellerweiss, hacker pschorr weiss, franziskaner weiss, new Belgium mothership wit, magners hard cider, strongbow, new glarus Belgium red....
And leinenkugels berry Weiss, and wild blue.

Don't criticize.... I'm a girl, I like fruity sweet stuff.

PBR, Keystone Light, Beast Light, I get them for about $16 a 30 pack. I can make good beer cheaper than I can buy it, but I can't make cheep beer as good as I can buy. There isn't many of the craft beers or imports available here, but every now and then I'll spring for a $10 sixer if I'm run dry on homebrew.

McEwan's Scotch Ale, Old Peculiar, Watney's Cream Stout, Celebrator Doppelbock, Curator Doppelbock, Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, Anchor Bock. Regards, GF.

Bell's Hopslam, Sweetwater's IPA, NewBelgium's Ranger, Anchor's Porter, MacKesson's XXX Stout, Kona's Pipeline Porter, Widmer Bros.' Drifter, Russian River's Pliny the Elder, Great Divide's Titan & Denver Pale Ale, Troegs' Nugget Nectar, Green Flash's West Coast IPA, Lagunitas' Lil' Sumptin' and a good SNPA once in a while

Okay, I'm thirsty...

Stone Oaked, DFH 90 min and indian brown, and SN torpedo are about the only ones I always have on hand right now. The ones I like to have around but can't always find are Twisted Pine's Brewing Co's Billy's Chillies (don't knock it till you've tried it, my buddy brought back gallons of the stuff from vacation and I only have 4 bottles left :(), Maui Brewings Coconut Porter, and Stone's Belgo Barleywine.

A few of my favorites:

Deschute's Inversion IPA
Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale
Stone IPA
Most other Stone brews
Firestone DBA
Firestone Union Jack IPA
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Bootlegger's Black Phoenix
Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich

Back