30 amp dongles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budzu

Reaction score
I have this Hoffman 16x14 stainless box, to control my rig which is in high build phase. I intended to put 2 30 amp twistlock outlets on it, which involved attempting to drill 2&1/8" holes with a bi-metal holesaw on a drill press. DON'T TRY THIS! The stainless on these is SO incredibly strong that it just ate the bit and made a big ugly spot.

So here is my solution:

PICT0002-2.jpg

30 amp dongles! All I had to do was drill 7/8" holes in the bottom with a step bit and install these cord grips with the rubber sealing gaskets. Something to consider if you're cutting your own box.

looks great. not that you would have it around but greenlee make SS hydraulic punches for all sizes. Sure they are not cheap but maybe a rental item.

Tried hunting for those but hard to find over 2", and yeah they get horribly expensive. I scored a 1.25" for my elements, a 1 3/8 for those 110v outlets. I LOVE the greenlee punches.

Back