My first label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave73ok

Reaction score
I brewed a big ol' IPA for my sister in NJ, who I'm visiting next month. I thought it'd use a label...so I threw one together in paint.net and printed them out via MS Publisher. I think it turned out nice. What do you think?

label2.jpg

:mug:

Makes my mouth water just looking at those bad boys.

Hah, indeed! You could always mess around with the name, stacking the words "dawn spawn" over "double IPA" and making the first larger if you wanted to try some variation.

Perhaps an illustrative type filter in photoshop could add some character to the photo. Keep it subtle though, it is a great photo after all - and probably doesn't need it.

I played with it a bit, and I printed that one above out and slapped it on a bottle...I decided that it was the one. I like the idea of playing with type filters, though. Maybe for my next bottling attempt I'll drag out the photoshop. :D

Just remember that in many cases, less is more! Where in Jersey is your sis from, if you don't mind me asking. Just curious, I'm outside Philly.

She lives in Palmyra, Moms lives in Maple Shade. We're all from North Jersey originally. Should be a nice visit. I snagged a couple of UPS-approved 12 pack mailers from a buddy and I'll be sending out 12 of those and 12 of Beirmuncher's Centennial Blonde.
Of course we'll be heading over to Philly and hitting up Jim's for some cheesesteaks, and I'll bring home a big log of pork roll.

:mug:

Ah, Maple Shade and Palmyra - South Jerseyians like me now.

Pork roll, lol... Enjoy your visit!

Back