Detroit Area Get Together This Friday! 7pm!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We've planned this out over on the Michigan Masher's board, but Yooper suggested I post this here as well....In case there's actually one or two michibrewers who AREN'T members of the mashers (why I dunno, we're the largest block of brewers on here!) :D

This Friday Both Yooper and Firebrewer will be in town. So we are getting together at Dragonmead MicroBrewery

14600 E 11 Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48089
(586) 776-9428

The deal is that Yoop's ETA in the Detroit Area is about 6pm, she's booked a room at a Hotel up on Vandyke. She's going to get her teenager's settled in and get them Pizza, and either myself of FireBrewer, or both of us will head up an get her. She's gonna be starving, so we figured we'd take advantage of the delivery menus at the Mead and order pizza or something.

If any of you guys decide to get there earlier than that, I might show up before, like at 6ish...I have the Michigan Masher's Homebrew Talk sign that I would put up. We should get a couple of the big tables in the back, and hold them.

All are welcome!

If you're not familiar with Dragonmead, check out their site, and huuuge beer menu. Dragonmead Microbrewery

:mug:

EDIT The time looks to be earlier than 7 now...more like 5:30-6ish.

I can't wait! I have my fingers crossed that these winter storms pass by Friday!

(I'm in the Keweenaw peninsula today- it's snowing like crazy and shows no signs of stopping!)

I can't wait! I have my fingers crossed that these winter storms pass by Friday!

(I'm in the Keweenaw peninsula today- it's snowing like crazy and shows no signs of stopping!)

I've got sideways snow down here..Trouble is Firebrewer was going to leave this morning, and they were getting hit pretty bad.

I'm jealous.:( My bro-in-law brought me 2 growlers of beer from Dragonmead, he lives 2 miles from them. Very good beer.:mug:

I'm jealous.:( My bro-in-law brought me 2 growlers of beer from Dragonmead, he lives 2 miles from them. Very good beer.:mug:

They bottle and sell fourpacks of their beers...It's available at various beerstores in Michigan...he should send you some...

Or better yet..DOn't you think you SHOULD be coming up to visit your sister and BIL this Friday????????

:D

They bottle and sell fourpacks of their beers...It's available at various beerstores in Michigan...he should send you some...

Or better yet..DOn't you think you SHOULD be coming up to visit your sister and BIL this Friday????????

:D

God I wish. 9 hours is a tad far to drive for a beer. Not my sis so I don't count them as family.:p

Hey, this sounds like a good idea, I just might show up.

But I think everyone needs to make a nametag with their avatar and username so that we can recognize one another.:D

I'm planning on leaving around 6 AM CST, so I should be in the area by 6 PM or so, if all goes ok. It looks like the weather for my drive is iffy right now- so let's hope that the "wintry mix" that they are predicting holds up a bit longer! I can almost taste the beer now!

I've got sideways snow down here..Trouble is Firebrewer was going to leave this morning, and they were getting hit pretty bad.

The last 2 hours was pretty rough but we made it safe and sound. They don't skimp on the salt trucks on the turnpike. :)

Come on over, mate! Between me and Firebrewer, we'll keep you in good food and spirits.

You're darn tootin' we would! :tank:

I'll bring something back for you, Jason. Will just have to have Revvy remind me before I get too druk. :drunk:

Keepin' my fingers crossed, Yoop!

EDIT: Flyangler18's actually offline! Is everything ok bro? ;)

I'll be leaving here in a couple of hours- staying overnight tonight in Gaylord/Grayling, I think. I'll have lunch with some relatives in Ann Arbor tomorrow, and then head over to Warren after lunch. I'm thinking it'll be 4-5 PM or so when I get in. I'll give you a call when I leave Ann Arbor and we can meet up!

WooHoo! I just rechecked the beer list. I can bring an empty growler, if they fill them. I can't wait!

I'll be leaving here in a couple of hours- staying overnight tonight in Gaylord/Grayling, I think. I'll have lunch with some relatives in Ann Arbor tomorrow, and then head over to Warren after lunch. I'm thinking it'll be 4-5 PM or so when I get in. I'll give you a call when I leave Ann Arbor and we can meet up!

WooHoo! I just rechecked the beer list. I can bring an empty growler, if they fill them. I can't wait!

I vote for Final Absolution Triple, if you are looking for a good growler filler. :D

I'll Aim for being in the Detroit area around 3 or 4 ish...I want to make a pilgrimage to my favorite LHBS, CAP N CORK...I have about 70 bucks in gift certificates to spend...so I'm thinking a pre-made immersion chiller rather than bending my own copper.

Cap n Cork is about 10 miles from dragonmead so it's all good :mug:

You're darn tootin' we would! :tank:

I'll bring something back for you, Jason. Will just have to have Revvy remind me before I get too druk. :drunk:

Keepin' my fingers crossed, Yoop!

EDIT: Flyangler18's actually offline! Is everything ok bro? ;)

Ha! I was forced to suffer through a dial-up connection at my parents' place in NJ- so no surfing for me! Made up for it with ample Belgian beer consumption- between the Three Philosophers, Duvel, and Chocolate Indulgence, we were well druck. :D

You really do need to get over your general disdain of lagers. ;)

Today's weather, Warren MI:

Light snow possibly mixing with light sleet during the morning...then occasional drizzle or freezing drizzle with areas of fog. Total snow accumulations today...less than an inch. Otherwise cloudy. Highs 38 to 42. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Tonight: Rain with a chance of thunderstorms with widespread dense fog. Otherwise cloudy. Temperatures steady around 40 or slowly rising. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100 percent.

Okay, I gotta warn you all...my headcold became a chest cold when I woke up yesterday. My sister was convinvced that it sounded like pneumonia...I kinda doubt it since I went to bed Christmas eve with the symptoms of a chestcold and woke up Christmas Day with it in my chest...I did half a bottle of cough medicine and covered myself with vics last night...I just woke up and haven't really started coughing yet so I don't know how nasty sound..

If I were smart I would stay home and stay in bed all night..

But I've been looking forward to this for awhile..But I wanted to warn you...:D

flyangler18 said:
Chances are if you've brewed it, I'll enjoy it.

Thanks man. :) Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Oops! No...wait...that was just gas. Sorry. :D

If I were smart I would stay home and stay in bed all night..

But I've been looking forward to this for awhile..But I wanted to warn you...

Not worried here, just got over it and still on Amoxicillin.

Drink LOTS of water and get some rest today, you'll need it for tonight! :drunk:

Here's one of firebrewer's pics, hopefully Yoop will post hers when she gets to her Dad's today...I know she has pics of BrianP,and Shonuff (Ryan)

039.jpg

Me, Bjornbrewer, Yoop, Brewstir, Firebrewer

Here are a couple of pictures from last night:

DSCF0517.JPG

Revvy, BjornBrewer, BrianP

DSCF0518.JPG

Shonuff, Brewstir, Firebrewer, Mrs. Firebrewer

There are a couple more in my gallery.

This was an awesome group of people, and I think we might have talked a little bit about beer. I was laughing most of the time because every one of these people are funny and we spent most of the time joking and laughing.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to confess...

Because she won't let me live it down anyway, so you all might as well ride me about it too...:D

Somewhere along the way I missed descriptions of yoop as being petite...In my mind's eye i always pictured her as...how do we say it...a little "bulkier" maybe? A little "broader in the beam" perhaps? (She's gonna say I said "butchier" but she drinks dontja know, so how can you trust her judgment...:D)

Anyway the first thing outta my mouth when I picked her up at her hotel, was SOMETHING like "Oh my god you're tinnier than I imagined." Which of course could be translated as "Okay Revvy open mouth and insert foot now." :

I will publically say that Yoop is not dyky at all...in fact she's quite hot actually...And she is, I believe the term is, buff....She's compact but coiled spring strong...she could take on most of us guys there (especially Bjorn)

She's deserves this;

certified-hottie.gif

And she's just an all around awesome person on so many levels...

:mug:

Thanks for all the flattery, Revvy- you make a middle aged woman feel good, that's for sure.

I think, though, that you said something like, "Wow- you're not nearly as BIG as I thought you would be". That really cracked me up!

"Wow- you're not nearly as BIG as I thought you would be"

Revvy the playa.

Other pick-up lines by Rev. include:

"I pictured you with a few more crow's feet than you have."

"You're only 42? You look more mature than that." (j/k Rev.)

Sounds like a good time was had by all. :mug:

Back