At Least I Didn't Kill Anyone.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
So awhile back I made this big stout that finished high, which I didn't worry about since it had tons of unfermentables in it. I bottled it, and it ended up overcarbonating, so I figured I'd use it in my liquid bowl in the smoker. A friend of mine was over one day and he had some...he loved it, once the foam subsided. So I gave him a couple sixers, told him to keep 'em cold.

So he came in today, said that, last night, he was sitting around watching tv and all of a sudden, POP! POP! He opened his pantry...covered in stout and broken glass. I'm a terrible person. :p

Sorry to hear that. I haven't had any bottle bombs yet, but I do have 20 bottles of sweet mead I am keeping a close eye on.

Oh man, I'd feel bad too. But like everyone else already said, it's his own fault. You told him to keep them chilled.

Oh man, I'd feel bad too. But like everyone else already said, it's his own fault. You told him to keep them chilled.

Bollocks. If you don't know anything about homebrewing, you don't know anything about bottlebombs. Feel guilty, Evan! - it's YOUR FAULT! ;) YOU ALMOST KILLED A MAN! OR AT LEAST SHOT HIS EYE OUT!

Back