As the song says. . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShepFL

ShepFL
Reaction score
My party pad is out in the woods!!!

This has been my summer, fall and now winter project. Unveiling the new brew pad. Trying to get this done before 5 Jan 2013 for my 50th!

http://s5.beta.photobucket.com/user/ShepFL/library/My Party Pad is out in the Woods

Will be hosting "Half Century 'Round the Campfire' party to break in the new deck. Already have a place to do BIAB with hoist that doubles as skinning pole.

Homebrews for the party are 5 gal each - WGPA, Upstate Mike's Caramel Apple Cider, a Pils style Kolsch and my adaptation on LH Milk Stout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deck looks great, but way too many snakes for me. I'd never be able to keep still, looking around all the time. Snakes, snakes, why'd it have to be snakes?

whoa, whoa, whoa...easy there fella. Oh wait you said his deck, nevermind. By the way: what is a skinning pole?

Skinning pole is a single pole or tripod with a few pulleys and boat hoist to raise the deer, elk etc. off the ground so it can be cleaned. It is critical to prevent the carcass from spinning - real PITA to clean game animals spinning around.

Not to be confused with meat pole which is used to hang your deer for pictures. (pun intended).

skinningrack2.jpg

Snakes and gators are part of life here in the South. Been a busy yr. for snakes given all the rain from TS Debbie. That black bulldog pup takes care of them tho. When he gets bit I just give him a couple Benedryl and he is good to go for next round. I do keep him away from the gators.

Skinning pole is a single pole or tripod with a few pulleys and boat hoist to raise the deer, elk etc. off the ground so it can be cleaned. It is critical to prevent the carcass from spinning - real PITA to clean game animals spinning around.

Not to be confused with meat pole which is used to hang your deer for pictures. (pun intended).

Thanks. After I thought about it I had a feeling it was for prepping game.

Back