Kegging cider and I made a mess

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThorGodOfThunder

Reaction score
I have a corny keg full of cider that I started carbonating today. At first I hooked the CO2 up to the OUT post because I've read it carbs quicker since the gas will travel through the liquid rather than sitting on top. I used my white gas-in adapter on the liquid-out post and it instantly foamed out all over the place. Luckily I had a towel handy. I had some trouble getting the adapter off of the keg post, it just didn't fit well.

I connected the gas to the correct post and everything it going well. But I looked closely at my other keg and it looks like both posts are shaped the same. Do I have a bad Out post on my keg? I can't test it now because the keg is under pressure (I should have tested my black adapter before I carbed it, but I'm just not that bright).

Should I be worried about dispensing this, or are the adapters specifically meant for each post?

Thats good to know! I had a heck of a time getting the white adapter off of the beer-out post. Oh well, live and learn.

Thank you, sir.

That's funny. I am just starting to keg and wasn't paying any attention and did the exact same thing. Old beer that had been in the corny from the previous owner came showering out of the disconnect. I had no towel, but was smart enough to hit the bleeder valve.

Back