Black rock cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash1980

Reaction score
I have a problem, I bottled my cider 11 days ago now my bottles are ferm to squeeze I put one in the fridge overnight as I am keen to try, when I grabbed the bottle from the fridge the next day it had appeared to have lost its gas as the bottle was no longer firm and bear was flat, can anyone advise me on what maybe the problem is

Not sure what rug or 3d is, yes I'm a newbie, it came in can and a satchel of brew enhancer followed the directions it fermented on the higher end of the recommended temp range finished fermenting in about 10 days started at 1.038 finished at 1.003 left for a couple of days before bottling added carb drops, from memory its supposed to be stored for 5 weeks but as I was keen to taste it I put a bottle in the fridge after 10 days the bottle was under pressure so thought that may haves carbed up but when I took it out of the fridge the next day it was deflated I could squeeze the bottle easily as though it had decarbed and opens it and yes it was flat cider only a few bubbles tasted like white wine

11 days may not have been enough, depends on the volume of yeast in the bottles and temperature. You can move the bottles to a warmer location to speed up the process. My graff took 3 weeks to get to the carb level I anticipated but it was 65 degrees in the cupboard where I was keeping it.

Latest posts

Back