Craigtube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've watched a few of his shows. Some are informative. In fact, his review of BB Cream Ale was the main reason I chose a cream ale for my first brew.

Some are drunken ramblings. What is up with the show on his glass collection??!@???

Who here is a fan of Craigtube?

I've watched quite a few of his videos. A lot of them are informative and he's pleasant enough to watch.

He's a big advocate of extract brews, and I took his philosophy on extract brews to heart, and I wish I hadn't. All-grain brewing for me is much more rewarding than extract brewing. Because I was afraid of all of the extra things I had to learn (and could potentially screw up) about the all-grain process, and because people like Craig were telling me that extract brewing was just fine and you can brew award-winning beers with extract you never really need to go to all-grain if you don't want to. Fortunately, my brewing partner would have none of that, so he dragged me into the all-grain process.

Yes, you can definitely win awards with extract brews, but I highly recommend that all brewers give all-grain brewing a couple of tries before deciding to only do extract batches.

I watch usually check out his videos every week or two. I like watching all homebrew videos, but most people have either poor sound quality, poor cameras, or are just uninteresting. Craig has studio quality gear, and is fun to watch. He's also an avid musician, which is another draw. I like watching musicians on youtube.

I watched some of his shows when i first started brewing. He's kindof a dork if you ask me (thats not a bad thing) but he got alot of info and i direct new brewers to his channel all the time. I think his got a chip on his shoulder about being an extract brewer but what ever you wanna do is what ever you wanna do. Im an AG brewer and i never looked back but still do test batchs for new ingredient i've never tryed with extract.

I watch a few of his videos, when i was first starting out it was really informative. I have stuck to extract for now. Im in college and dont have much time. Im excited to experiment alittle this summer though, seems like theres alot of potential in AG batches.

One thing that I feel extract brews lack is robust flavor without going through some extra effort. Ive made what I feel are award winning beers, but not in all consistency.

I like his videos, they were a big help when I first started. His kegging series was also very good.

I think a lot of people started brewing after seeing Craigs videos. I've gotten into AG myself but I won't say I'll never make another extract kits.... when time is limited and your stock is low.... I dont think anyone should be ashamed of extract brewing, if you like what you brew, go with it. Some people simply dont have the space, or money for additional equipment.

I really like his vids. Also, he seems to be getting more into BIAB but not much vid content on that.. just something he said.

I have watched a number of his recordings.. He has a great voice.. IMO

I like Craig. His first few videos were comical to the point of drawing some negative attention. However, he's come a long way, and he always seems very genuine.

I read Palmer's How To Brew online but it was Craig's Easy Home Brewing series that convinced me it really was easy to start brewing. His videos are simple and epitomize RDWHAHB. I'm definitely going to keep watching even though I'm working towards AG.

I read Palmer's How To Brew online but it was Craig's Easy Home Brewing series that convinced me it really was easy to start brewing. His videos are simple and epitomize RDWHAHB. I'm definitely going to keep watching even though I'm working towards AG.

That's about the same thing I was gunna say. We started looking for brewing videos a year ago Christmas,as I was tired of wine making & the resultant long wait. My wife & I mostly drink beer anymore,so it was a natural fit. I couldn't believe how easy brewing had become since pop brewed those stouts. I've been having fun making good beers out of various combos of extracts & hops. Even steeped some grains before. But craig,fo,steeljan,& a few others showed that beer could be made at home fairly easily with a faster turn around than wine. Craig always was an easy going kind of guy. I still enjoy watching his videos. He's def an asset to this hobby.

When I considered getting into brewing, his videos were the deciding factor. He shows how simple the basics and modifications to recipes can be in an easy to comprehend manner.

And, if there's a sexy daughter involved somewhere I have totally missed that video.

Yeah,def a different take on a MT. But will the plastic take the heat range needed for the length of time mashing takes?

If he would pick up his skirt and brew AG then yes im a fan..hahaha JK im a fan of craig even though he wont step up to AG..its his prerogative..craig is a good dude

Actually,in his last video,he showed the AG supplies he bought. Even the MT he made out of 2 ale pales. He's gunna try AG here & there,but still do extracts,extracts with grains,etc by what he said.

I came across Craig's videos about 2 years ago. He's the reason I started the hobby. He made extract brewing really interesting and easy to understand. Although I moved onto AG over a year ago, I still watch his videos and am still subscribed to his channel. He's going to attempt his 1st AG batch soon wish him luck. CHEERS

Craig caught a lot of flack for his early videos that focused on "Simple Brewing" which basically meant mixing a can of extract with water and pitching yeast. Many brew snobs (not necassarily a bad thing to be a brew snob) took offense to Craig's claims that this simple homebrew was as good as any beer on the market.

Ultimately, he's a nice Canadian dude. In America we call people like that "dorks", but when I drove to Alaska last summer I discovered that most Canadians have that over-the-top niceness going for them. Craigs videos got a lot of people into the hobby and it's been cool to see his evolution into allgrain brewing and kegging, despite getting ripped by the advocates of these methods.

Cheers Craigtube!

HickoryMike said:
Ultimately, he's a nice Canadian dude. In America we call people like that "dorks", but when I drove to Alaska last summer I discovered that most Canadians have that over-the-top niceness going for them. Craigs videos got a lot of people into the hobby and it's been cool to see his evolution into allgrain brewing and kegging, despite getting ripped by the advocates of these methods.

Cheers Craigtube!

When I say dork I mean it in the best way. Some of my best friends are dorks. And I've never met a canadian i didnt like.

No telling the countless number of people that have started brewing after watching his video, and the number of people that have gone out and bought cooper's kits because of him. He really likes doing youtube and is very good at it. I'd love to try one of Craig's brews

I'm a fan. He's got alot of very informative videos. Him and a couple others on youtube are the reason I got into the addiction.

I started with coopers and watching his videos and really like all of them. I now do AG and still really like his videos. Yes he did catch flack from a few people about pushing extract brewing but for him when he started he did it for the cost savings and now he has got a lot of people brewing, my hat is off to him and I ope he continues getting more people doing it. Cheers all

In my personal option I think we left out another good piece of video, his how-to to kegging.

The guy is a natural teacher, he has a calm and easy going nature on camera that draws you in. I found his videos when I first thought of giving home brewing a go and apreciated how easy he makes home brewing seem and it definatly got me psyched up and ready to go. He's gotta be the most watched home brew guy on You Tube, his videos always pop up when you search for anything home brewing related. And he's always drinking a nice mouthwatering glass of beer in all his vids, maybe that's his trick - hypnotize his audience with beer!

I guess I follow along with many of the posts in this thread. Craigtube was useful when I started out, helped me get some things straight. But I always found the extract thing limiting, and would watch other people's videos on AG. Then my older son (who got me into homebrewing in the first place) had an AG brew session while we were visiting. That was three years ago, and I haven't brewed anything but AG since.

Back