So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just mashed in on 6 gallons of Wyld Ryed Pale Ale. Doing this one with all German hops - Magnum, Spalt, Tettnanger & Hersbrucker. Gray and rainy here today - perfect for brewing. Except that it's 88* and you can wring the air in my garage. Florida summer.

I need more carboys too! I just found a source on ebay for 7.5 gallon carboys for those monster beers got one coming

Heating up the strike for a 10-gallon Honey Wheat ale. And drinking a Cream Ale to get in the spirit!

8# wheat malt
7# pale malt
1# honey malt
1.5# honey
4 oz Cascade (if I have them left... have to check!)

Midwest Java Stout kit going right now. Just started the boil.

IMG_20110626_144220.jpg

:mug:

Didn't brew this weekend. I was up at a friends lake house in the Smokies. It was amazing. I am excited for next weekend though. There's a double brew day planned for Friday, planning on brewing an IPA and a half batch of Grodziskie (polish smoked wheat beer).

I brewed my first all grain today after 6 years of brewing extract! Old Zion Church Saison which was an original recipe by username Native302.

Brew day went pretty well. I had trouble getting the temp down to 65, so I figured 70 is ok...it is a saison after all. I need to build a secondary piece to my immersion chiller.

Making a small belgian as a starter batch for a tripel I'm going to brew next weekend. Calling it Lil Trap, as I'm using a high gravity trappist yeast.

ForumRunner_20110626_202309.jpg

Just pitched the wyeast 3787 high gravity onto Lil Trap. Hit 1.044 and pitched at about 62, which is a little low for this yeast but I expect it to rise a few degrees by the time its ready to get going. The yeast smelled delicious coming out of the smack pack. I'm really excited for my first Belgian brew :) After I step it up with a Tripel, I've already decided to use the yeast cake for a Quad to finish it off!

Have to skip this weekend (fffffuuuuuuuu, responsibilities!), but next weekend we'll be brewing either a wit or an English IPA. Playing it by ear, pretty much.

Got the ingredients to make a Golden Belgian Strong and a West Coast Imperial Red ale on Sunday..

If my buddy can make it, he's gonna bring his Mr.Beer kit so he can make his IPA.

Saturday is a 5 gal AG Chimay clone and 10 gals of a Canadian Ale that seems to disappear very fast around here. Brewing all day. Sweet!

Friday night: Bottling a batch of Brown Ale and a Schwartz Bier brewed on NHD.
Saturday Night: Brewing a batch of Two Hearted Ale Clone using harvested Oberon Yeast.
Sunday Night: Brewing an Oktoberfest.

Brewing at night because its to warm to brew in the day and do not want to heat the house up.

Going to do a 10-gal IIPA with 2lbs of hops, which will be a mix of centennial, cascade, and citra with columbus for bittering on Sunday. I don't think I have any S-05 left so I might either wing it or make a run in the half-broken car to the LHBS.

dunnright00 said:
Got the ingredients to make a Golden Belgian Strong and a West Coast Imperial Red ale on Sunday..

If my buddy can make it, he's gonna bring his Mr.Beer kit so he can make his IPA.

Would you mind sharing the west coast impetiral red ale recipe with me?

Got everything set up to do some brewing and barbequing. Its gonna be an American brown kind of weekend.

Kegging a hefe (first kegged beer) and brewing up Jamil's Blonde Ale on Friday - camping the rest of the weekend, if only I could fit all my brew supplies in the car...

I'll be doing an IPA tomorrow. My first brew was Friday of 4th of July weekend in 2009. Not a bad way to celebrate my 2nd year anniversary :D

Would you mind sharing the west coast impetiral red ale recipe with me?

Now that I look at it, not sure if it's an Imperial Red.
Basically it's an old Red ale recipe I made, and I'm adding a bunch of hops similar to Green Flash HopHead Red.

Extract w/Grains:
4 lbs Pale Malt Liquid Extract
2 lbs Wheat Liquid Extract
8 oz. Crystal 20L Grains
6 oz. Roasted Grains

1oz Cascade hops (1 hour boil)
1oz Cascade hops (30 Min boil)
1oz Amarillo 10 Min
1oz Amarillo 0 Min
1oz Amarillo Dry Hop

WLP400 Belgian Wit Yeast

gonna do a hoppy ipa, in honor of a friend of all in the brew-club who was killed last week in a car wreck and loved hoppy beers. many of us in the club are going to do this, and share it with other members in a wake

Brewing a Dry Stout and an Altbier this weekend, both 5 gallon all-grain

Remember the Spirit of '76! :mug:

BrewerinBR said:
Friday night: Bottling a batch of Brown Ale and a Schwartz Bier brewed on NHD.
Saturday Night: Brewing a batch of Two Hearted Ale Clone using harvested Oberon Yeast.
Sunday Night: Brewing an Oktoberfest.

Brewing at night because its to warm to brew in the day and do not want to heat the house up.

Harvested Oberon yeast? Seriously? How many bottles did you have to drink to save enough to mark it viable?

3 brews on Monday
Barleywine, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald clone and an English old ale

I am all geared up for my Amarillo Rye Ale, just need to figure out what yeast to use this time.

My GF has night shifts this weekend so I might even make two brews :ban:

Brewing up 20 gallons.

10 gallons of ESB and 10 of Newcastle clone. It's an English weekend. Since it's the 4th, should be doing American beers... ah well.

I had plans to brew this weekend, but they were dashed when I jumped the gun and had the yeast pitched by 5pm Friday. Wait, that's a good thing. Blonde ale I'll add some blueberry to.

Back