Incubator for Carboy - Fermenting in the Winter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcancila

Reaction score
I live in the Philly suburbs and as winter is itching closer my brewery "small corner in my basement" is starting to catch a chill! I live in a somewhat older larger home that get very cold in the winter. My basement will likely sit around 58 in the dead on winter especially were i hope to ferment beer.

I would like to construct some type of Insulated heated Incubator for my carboys as i ferment in the winter months. Has anyone had the same issues with trying to ferment in the cold or actually building any type on "incubator" for the beer?

Get a big cardboard box and put a light bulb in it. Should give you a few degrees, I don't think you'd need a thermostat if you didn't insulate the box.

put fermenter in rubbermaid tub with some water, put in an aquarium heater in the water bath and control with a temperature controller...works great.

Back