What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ostomo517 said:
As often as I see it here, is Lagunitas Sucks really that good?????

It's one of the best >$10.00 six packs you'll ever find. It's not spectacular, but it is at least damn good.

Another Perpetual from the growler now that I'm back home.

image-2615718550.jpg

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

A full-bodied brown ale
brewed with real pumpkin,
brown sugar, allspice,
cinnamon & nutmeg.

12 fl. oz.
7% Alc. by Vol.

Delicious!

Perpetual ... amazingly they don't have Nugget Nectar on tap yet (too busy packaging for resale). Still this is FAR better than from the bottle)

Awesome! I will be heading their sometime in the next few weeks. My brother and his wife live about 10 minutes away from the brewery. He always raves about the scratch beers they put out. I have had a few and feel that some have been better than their regular lineup.

The bartender said they would have Nectar on tap in a couple weeks - along with Scatch #88; a chocolate stout. I'm going to have my MIL swing by and get some of that Scratch for me!

image-1918494187.jpg

I literally have no words to describe this beer. I was concerned when I saw "Yams" on the label. But believe it or not I can actually taste the Yams. What an amazing beer. So so good.

I literally have no words to describe this beer. I was concerned when I saw "Yams" on the label. But believe it or not I can actually taste the Yams. What an amazing beer. So so good.

NICE! I just had that one a couple weeks ago. Fantastic beer!

Brutally long brew day, which included an unintentional 2.5 hour mash. Brewed 11 gallons of Cream of 3 Crops, it was unseasonably cold in FL today (high of 70), so I overshot my volume by a whole gallon and overshot my OG by 8 points. I guess I had great efficiency with all of those adjuncts.

image-3413340805.jpg

Luckily the groom was helping me all day (beer is for his wedding in mid march). Relaxing now with one of these

image-1913527367.jpg

Btw, my buddy kicked my keg of Dude's Lakewalk Pale Ale.

allenH said:
Brutally long brew day, which included an unintentional 2.5 hour mash. Brewed 11 gallons of Cream of 3 Crops, it was unseasonably cold in FL today (high of 70), so I overshot my volume by a whole gallon and overshot my OG by 8 points. I guess I had great efficiency with all of those adjuncts.

Luckily the groom was helping me all day (beer is for his wedding in mid march). Relaxing now with one of these

Btw, my buddy kicked my keg of Dude's Lakewalk Pale Ale.

The unintentional mash time wouldn't have anything to do with the Road Glide in the background, would it? I don't blame you if it did. I'm having a Boddingtons, and a Milk Stout on deck.

I'm drinking a Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA, but that's not important right now. I need some advice, HBT. I just finished brewing my NHC DIPA and there was a problem. Brew day went awesome until pitching time. So I'm standing there about to cut open my packet of yeast. Yeast in one hand scissors in the other of which the tips have been sanitized. Through an unfortunate series of events I fumbled the scissors and plop, right in the fermenter. I immediately sanitized my entire arm and fished it out but the scissors were, for the most part, unsanitized. So my question is, what's the standard beer god offering in this situation?

20130202_221500.jpg

I'm drinking a Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA, but that's not important right now. I need some advice, HBT. I just finished brewing my NHC DIPA and there was a problem. Brew day went awesome until pitching time. So I'm standing there about to cut open my packet of yeast. Yeast in one hand scissors in the other of which the tips have been sanitized. Through an unfortunate series of events I fumbled the scissors and plop, right in the fermenter. I immediately sanitized my entire arm and fished it out but the scissors were, for the most part, unsanitized. So my question is, what's the standard beer god offering in this situation?

Had you just been cutting up raw chicken or something? If not, I bet your fine.

So was this because you had too many beers and were fumbly or not enough and shakey? :tank:

Meh. The bitterness is there. A little too sweet. Almost cloying. Tastes like too heavy on the crystal malts.

Yet oddly enjoyable. Maybe that's the hits of Crown Royal while watching the fights!

image-1686947316.jpg

Drinking my American Bock and wishing I didn't have to wait atleast a few weeks for this.

image-2146493096.jpg

jerryteague said:
The unintentional mash time wouldn't have anything to do with the Road Glide in the background, would it? I don't blame you if it did. I'm having a Boddingtons, and a Milk Stout on deck.

I wish. Babysitter took an hour and a half to get 3 subs. I was watching the spawn and cussing the sitter. I can't really complain, she didn't charge for the sitting and she bought my lunch, she should, it's her wedding I'm making it for.

I'd be amazed if you could infect a DIPA short of dumping a bag of Roeselare in it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the reassurance.

Had you just been cutting up raw chicken or something? If not, I bet your fine.

So was this because you had too many beers and were fumbly or not enough and shakey? :tank:

Thanks. It was the latter.

bottlebomber said:
You mean how it has no hop character whatsoever? ;)

Yeah. Pretty much. Tastes very similar to the Oskar blues G'Knight. I mean very similar. Just a little hotter. Pretty much no hops on the nose or really in tasting it. Tons of malt. Not sure if it ever had hops, but it doesn't seem like it.

Drinking this as my grandfather is in the hospital and probably won't make it through the night. Not much we can do. A $hitty night for the wife and I. Cheers to Papa.

Best of luck. My grandfather died two years ago and we also knew there was no coming back. It's strange because you accept it, but also refuse to admit that it's happening. Cheers to your pop's great life and the end of his suffering.

Enjoying a few, ha ha ha, glasses of my BH American Premium Lager, and a few bottles of Sleeman Draught. :) Oh boy, and I have to work tomorrow. :p

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Drinking this as my grandfather is in the hospital and probably won't make it through the night. Not much we can do. A $hitty night for the wife and I. Cheers to Papa.

Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that.

Best of luck. My grandfather died two years ago and we also knew there was no coming back. It's strange because you accept it, but also refuse to admit that it's happening. Cheers to your pop's great life and the end of his suffering.

Thanks guys. Its been a horrible day for both of us. Woke up to a terrible phone call. He has led an amazing life and has a lot of really good miles on him. We all kinda knew it was coming, but in the moment it just sucks. Hard, when I am a paramedic myself, and I see stuff like this everyday, but in turn cant do anything to help the pain of family. So is life....

Not sure what to have next. The 120 min IPA was not really what I thought it was going to be. But, I might just have to switch to scotch. A bottle of Glenfiddich 12 year is calling my name haha.

Heavy Seas Peg Leg Imperial Stout. It's very good. Not quite as good as Great Divide's Yeti, but better than Sam Smith's RIS. Not sure how it compares to Rasputin, because I haven't had one in a couple months.

8% ABV. Malt-forward. Has a dark chocolate undertone -- maybe a bit of black coffee. Mouthfeel is big and meaty. Has a front taste sort of like Yeti, but maybe not as big. End taste reminds me of a mocha stout I drank last week. The finish has a bitterness that reminds me of dark chocolate's aftertaste.

Back