Going stove-top all grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
My initial all-grain batch was a failure because I didn't read up properly. It was okay really, but after 5 odd hours of messing around I ended up with a very low OG and a very light and boring beer. I'd rather have the keg space for good beers, so meh...that was the end of that.

So I checked this out, and it's roused my interest again slightly...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy-stovetop-all-grain-brewing-pics-90132/

Obviously I'll need the equipment listed in the tutorial, but is anything else recommended? I already have a decent extract/partial mash setup including 2 kegs and a fermentation bucket. Investing in a bottling bucket towards summer next year, as it's cold enough here over the winter to keep my beer cool in the conservatory. I'm also rigging up my old fridge to act as a fermentation chamber soon!

Furthermore, is it worth it in the UK? My LHBS has a VERY limited range of malts, and although I wouldn't mind going to the other side of town for a few bags of malt, I'd prefer to order online so I can get everything no hassle. Am I likely to start getting ripped on delivery charges? I like the financial side of home brewing. :)

Back