Bottles leaking in cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with bottles leaking in a cooler? We had a cooler filled with several types of beer and almost every bottle of the Old Dominion Oak Barrel stout leaked into the cooler (12 pack). It made the cooler smell awesome but a terrific waste of good beer.

I contacted Old Dominion about it and asked them if they might know why it happened... never even received a response and it's been several weeks. Kinda irritating that they can't even respond.

I would personally blame the Aliens, but YMMV

Were they placed next to any coors light? I would try to run also!

Sounds like either a problem on their bottling line, or maybe the whole 12-pack got partially frozen somewhere along the line, and the expansion loosened the caps enough to leak.

I had the same thing happen once with bottles of...Miller( I'm so ashamed). There were bottles from two different twelve packs in the cooler, and all of the bottles from one of them leaked. Left some bottles half full, others nearly empty. Kinda strange.

My wife bought the beer!

Back