Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewed a smoked imperial stout today...going to have to work on a name for that one.

2 stuck sparges, one exploding wyeast smack-pack and a hell of a mess to clean up in the kitchen under the omnipresent stink-eye of the wife wondering what the hell i'm doing...

:cross:

Here's mine...

image.jpg

Here's a couple new ones. Hop Through the Heart is a new IPA that's in the fermenter at the moment. Ball 'n Chain Wheat is my wife's fruit wheat brew. Illustrator for both.

8468887478_5cb8385f8b_b.jpg

8468887932_bd9b59610d_z.jpg

All comments/ criticisms welcome! Kyle

First time playing around with Inkscape and very first label. Obviously the bottling date isn't true, and not positive about abv yet but just trying to figure out the program and pretty pleased so far.

SkippingStoneBlonde2_zps6ad0277d.png

I saw that some folks used paper bags for their labels, so I gave it a try. Turned out great!

Very nice look! I really dig the brown paper bag look (we actually wrapped X-mas gifts in this the other year for a nice simple effect) and they look great with plain old black ink too with the brown adding some complexity to the design.

Also cool drawing, did you do it?

Very nice look! I really dig the brown paper bag look (we actually wrapped X-mas gifts in this the other year for a nice simple effect) and they look great with plain old black ink too with the brown adding some complexity to the design.

Also cool drawing, did you do it?

Nope, I don't have the skills for that. I hunted around on the internet and found this one. The site that I used is on the bottom of the label.

Milk is good until you want to put a bottle of beer into a cooler of ice. Then gelatin is better - and as easy to clean off after,

B

Techprof,
I like the label & the brewery name.

Just a suggestion though. You may want to flip either "small batch" or "handcrafted" so they both go the same direction. I would probably flip "small batch" so it matches the direction of "handcrafted" and "Ironic Brewing".

Warthaug said:
Milk is good until you want to put a bottle of beer into a cooler of ice. Then gelatin is better - and as easy to clean off after,

B

I like to use modge podge and card stock.

Techprof,
I like the label & the brewery name.

Just a suggestion though. You may want to flip either "small batch" or "handcrafted" so they both go the same direction. I would probably flip "small batch" so it matches the direction of "handcrafted" and "Ironic Brewing".

Thanks! I agree with the suggestion, done.

B
I use a glue stick.Takes a while to do a lot but worth it......Around the edges and an X in the middle......

What do you use for this? These are awesome!

I used Inkscape with some photos that I had. I took a while to get them to come out, and a lot of playing around, but I like them now. Inkscape is free off of the internet. If you need any help send me a shout.

Latest posts

Back