Brewing while impaired?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fusorfodder

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so it has been way too long since I've brewed. I have all of these empty carboys, and a SWMBO that is out of town for 3 weeks. Sounds like the perfect opportunity, no? Well, the problem is that I fractured my shoulder while skiing a few weeks ago. So, my right, dominant arm is out of commission in terms of heavy lifting, or even lifting anything about mid-chest. It's amazing at how much I've had to adjust my actions hehe.

Anyhow, I'm sure there are other brewers out there that have tried to make the best of things and brew in the face of adversity. Anyone out there able to offer any tips to make brewday easier? I'd be opting for extract here to save some steps and cleanup. I also will probably get some apfelwein in since you don't get much easier than that.

yup, get some help.
i did my first brew alone, and first bottle day with help and plan on doing the rest of my brews and bottles with help. its nice to have a couple extra hands

i think you could do it easily, just siphon all the liquids from container to container and make sure your fermenter is on a skateboard before you siphon your wort into it then just wheel it to wherever it needs to go.

Back