I got lucky as well

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anderj

Reaction score
I have a friend that was complaining about how much her Cascade vine was taking over her house and garden. Her boyfriend and I waited until the right time and, presto......hops for miles
P1010018.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010033.jpg

P1010041.jpg

Nothing like a "fresh hop ale"

Excellent! My Cascades are about the size of peas right now. Too freaking cold this year!

JB - you can grow hops in your area, not commercially and you might have problems with root rots, but if you are careful with the bed drainage, you'll get a crop.

Wow that second to last picture is great! And I'll have to try the dry hopping in a fresh beer. Maybe grab a crappy macrobrew (someone left some miller in my fridge) and let a couple hops steep for a bit and see if it makes the beer palatable!

Wow that second to last picture is great! And I'll have to try the dry hopping in a fresh beer. Maybe grab a crappy macrobrew (someone left some miller in my fridge) and let a couple hops steep for a bit and see if it makes the beer palatable!

So I just chucked 3 cascade hops (dried) into my Victory Prima Pils (IMO the only and best pilsner I've ever liked, honestly if you've never had it give it a try), and it was a little too bitter. Even with the low AA% of cascade's, it kind of ruined the beer for me. I think I would have been much better off doing as I had originally planned (putting it in a miller light or other "water" beer), but it makes me excited for when I get to actually brew with them (Sierra Nevada pale ale clone!).

Back