Stout Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brolan

Reaction score
Any thoughts on these? Read some descent reviews and the cost is at least half of Blichmann, Brewhemoth.
Anyone here use one?

Had if for a few years now (7.3g) Should've gone bigger from the start. Now I'm getting the 40g w/ sprayball thank you:rockin:! Other than that I love mine! Great build quality, Really nice welds!

I've had mines since last July. I was comparing them to blichmann for months before I made my purchase. I ended up getting a 14.5 gallon fermenter with all the bells and whistles and everytime I use it I never regret it. I've had the opportunity to get a blichmann at a fair price but it doesn't look as sturdy as the stout although I've never seen a blichmann in person. Hands down stout conicals for me. I got the butterfly valves, wheels, thermometer, 3in hole in lid to dry hop, racking arm. I tell you what, spend the money now and it'll save u future aggravation. Easy as heck to clean as well. Hope this helps you and good luck.

Ordered the Stout 10.6 gallon conical after months of researching online. Haven't received it yet but do believe its the best buy out there on conical fermenters. I've had several e-mails with John and have to say his customer service is first rate. I'll post again when I pick it up. I believe I'll be as happy with it as I've been with doing business with John.

I have the Blichmann 14.5 gallon and I love it. Brought it home, luved it up and filled it with cherry wheat. My girlfriend sleeps on the floor now... Not sure why she looks at me the way she does... perhaps I need a beer?

I don't know about other conicals but I love the tri-clamp fittings on my Blich and it is a breeze to work with. The only thing I can't really do is load it into a temp-controlled environment (aka the converted chest freezer). I've been told by a reliable source that I won't wake up in the morning if I convert the girlfriend's shoe closet into a walk in fridge...

10.6 gallon Stout conical is here and it is first rate. Welds are smooth and polished and not a ding or scratch on it. Costumer service was outstanding. I would definitely recommend doing business with John at Stout and will buy from him for any future equipment.

Back