You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*sob* No one should have to live like that man!
How close does a HBS have to be to be considered the LHBS? There's one that just opened about an hour away from me, the next two closest are in the same parking lot, two and a half hours away.

But then, the nearest Walmart is a half hour away, if that puts things in perspective.

How close does a HBS have to be to be considered the LHBS? There's one that just opened about an hour away from me, the next two closest are in the same parking lot, two and a half hours away.

But then, the nearest Walmart is a half hour away, if that puts things in perspective.

Wait... are we neighbors?

When you ask the guy at Lowes if they have any food grade storage buckets for you grain so you can store it behind your couch.

When the only friend you have to talk to is HBT because all of your other friends are tired of listening to you talk about beer but you find that's all you have to talk about.

reply 1337 I must be leet!
When your only fridge has a custom built shelf that only houses beer and only two shelves of your fridge are used for actual food.

reply 1337 I must be leet!
When your only fridge has a custom built shelf that only houses beer and only two shelves of your fridge are used for actual food.

I made sure to get that work order so I could weld the "1337" unit. I also made sure to get the order for #999. I made a lot of methane pumps.

pic061908_1.jpg

When you ask the guy at Lowes if they have any food grade storage buckets for you grain so you can store it behind your couch.
You can also drill and grommet the lids for air locks and use them as fermentors. Or, just don't snap the lid all the way down. :)

When you take one last look at your brew plan for the next day and realize your SRM is 1 point below where it should be so you RACE to your LHBS, get there just as he is locking up, to purchase .125 lb Carafa 1.

But its for a competition beer so its OK, right!!!

I have a beer and a wine that have been ready to drink for a bit, a beer I just bottled, mead fermenting, and beer fermenting, I think I should have some more stuff fermenting.

Lushife said:
I have a beer and a wine that have been ready to drink for a bit, a beer I just bottled, mead fermenting, and beer fermenting, I think I should have some more stuff fermenting.

Yep.
I have 10 gallons of beer and 5 gallons of wine in fermenters, about four cases of beer and 3-4 gallons of wine bottled, and 7 1/2 gallons of beer kegged. I really should get off my lazy butt and brew some more. :)

GrogNerd said:
when you read about the proposed legalization of homebrewing in Alabama and think, "ONLY 52 gallons a year?"

When your wire says you spend more time brewing than with her.

when you read about the proposed legalization of homebrewing in Alabama and think, "ONLY 52 gallons a year?"

I believe we're currently at 50 gallons a person per year in Georgia... so they get 2 more than I do.

I believe we're currently at 50 gallons a person per year in Georgia... so they get 2 more than I do.

you guys were only just legalized in the past, what? 7 years?

Virginia allows up to the federal limit, but only allows "Any person who manufactures beer in accordance with this subdivision may remove from his residence an amount not to exceed fifteen gallons of such beer on any one occasion for (i) personal or family use"

so I guess a ½bbl would be over the limit

I think the point of that limit is that someone making mash for distillation will usually use a 55 gallon drum. That way they can still be nailed for it and can't claim it's "homebrew". Though technically, until it's distilled, it is. :p

I think the point of that limit is that someone making mash for distillation will usually use a 55 gallon drum. That way they can still be nailed for it and can't claim it's "homebrew". Though technically, until it's distilled, it is. :p

yay, Georgia! way to stomp on that pesky Presumption of Innocence some dead white guys wrote about a couple hundred years ago

No limits here in Manitoba -or anywhere in Canada, actually...and malt and yeast are food products not subject to provincial or federal tax.

You know you're a homebrewer when you cook up jettes d'houblon for your local representative, trying to convince him that hops, too, are a food product, and need to have taxes removed from their sale.

wife drug me to a thrift store yesterday. she found a hollow ottoman. i started thinking about how i could make a beer cooler out of it

Back