What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a Corona with some enchiladas for dinner. Headed to a party tonight with a few bombers of my homebrew Winter spiced ale. Not my fave but its drinkable haha

Wow. That He'Brew Sweet 16 Jewbelation is strong. Sixteen malts, sixteen hops, and sixteen percent ABV.

Haven't dipped into those yet, but I had a Funky Jewbelation the other night. It followed a World Wide Stout, so..... it was good though, funky and full of dark fruit flavors, sweet, syrupy, a beast..... I was ready for bed after those two.

HPIM1717.jpg

Orval. Nom. Besides the strength differences, my Brett Tripel and this are actually pretty close (this beer was the inspiration for mine, but in no way intended to be a clone)

Had a Bluebird Bitter.pretty good. Thinking about trying a Becks-sapphire,and Bass IPA- will see how that goes.
Tried the Bass-it wasnt too bad,kinda liked it.

Very proud of this beer. Hickory Smoked Black IPA. Transition brew from extract to all grain. Had some dme to use up, so used it alongside grain in my first BIAB.

image-1984929516.jpg

Sho Chiku Bai organic sake.

Because you can't drink beer all the time. Well, you really can, but I wanted sake. :D

Qhrumphf said:
I love this beer. Favorite IPA hands down. I haven't had Heady Topper, but it's better than Pliny, that's for sure.

I just had Sculpin for the first time the other day. It's weird 'cause at first I was a little underwhelmed but then it set in just how balanced and quenching and reliably good it is. I think it's my new go-to in between trying new stuff.

libeerty said:
Very proud of this beer. Hickory Smoked Black IPA. Transition brew from extract to all grain. Had some dme to use up, so used it alongside grain in my first BIAB.

Did you smoke the malt yourself?

North Coast's Pranqster while bottling my 2* Below clone. I'm hoping to harvest some yeast from these NC bottles...

image-2895360530.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
something a bit... more.:drunk: I liked my coors belt buckle before it broke. it was quite heavy, unlike their beers.

I've been known to wear my Coors or Miller Highlife hat every now and then.

Once more moon shine and one of greatest thing i have found from our friends from the north. Fireball whiskey .

On a side note I wonder if there is a way to measure the amount of co2 gas comes off of a five gallon. Home brew in the primary ?

I moved on to an oatmeal stout I brews. I followed the Uckleduckfay recipe from TCJOHB but I must've had bad efficiency cause it came out on the low ABV side. Still pretty good though.

image-797726482.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Well, it ain't gonna kill you, so there's that. It's drinkable, but that sour note is annoying and very out of place in a chocolate stout. The only reason I would want you to drink it is to confirm whether it's an isolated problem or something more widespread.

Ill drink it this weekend and get back to you on it. I hope it not but ill drink it anyway :ban:

Drinking my Dunderhead Dry Stout.

This was the first recipe I put together myself, a few years ago. It's a dry stout (Dave Miller's extract recipe from Brewing the World's Great Beers), with molasses in it.

Back in the day, it was the shiznit. Guinness drinkers loved it, BMC fans found it approachable cuz it wasn't that heavy and had a nice residual sweetness, and I LOVED it because it was simply different. I'd taken a style, a recipe, and made it my own.

My technique, palate, budget, etc. have evolved to the point where the molasses is a bit much...but it reminds me of where I'm coming from on this journey called brewing.

nukebrewer said:
Not sure what to say about this beer. It's a little sour and I've taken several sips to make sure. The base beer is good, but the sour note is unpleasant.

I'm gonna have to look for this.

Qhrumphf said:
Probably not worth the the effort, but using a big balloon, the density of gaseous CO2 at a given temperature, and water displacement you could get close.

Really? I think it would of pop the balloon fairly quickly. If that watched. I mean what other use can this gas be used for? I can not remember is co2 heaver that the air we breath?

Oh ya on fire ball shot #6

Homebrewed IPA, original recipe. MAN, that was a success! I was a bit worried it would turn out like our last hoppy beer, which tasted like grass. But this time around, it's epic.

bwirthlin said:
Did you smoke the malt yourself?

Negative. Used Hickory Smoked Malt from AHS, 20% or so of the grain bill. Can definitely taste it but not at all overpowering. Hop still comes through.

Latest posts

Back