Homebrew at my wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clawler

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just got engaged this weekend and I have already decided that I would like to have home brew at my wedding and I want to make custom labels. Do any of you recommend any label making software? We are looking at a November 16th wedding date so I need to get brewing!

Chris:mug:

Congrats! I got married a 2 months ago and brewed 30gal for it. I originally had the idea of making custom labels (and still wish I would have) but with everything else we had to do, that got bumped down the list.

I am still interested in software or a website if anyone knows of one.

Congrats!

I just got married a few months back. I made 20 gallons for it (Oktoberfest and Pale Ale). I keg, but we made two labels and put them on the bar.

I didn't use any label software... Just photoshop

Take a look at Revvy's lables that he makes for comps and such. They're pretty cool and I always thought they reminded me of somethin you'd see at a wedding for some reason... They are basically labels that you hang on the neck of the bottle. IDK, they just look a little 'classier' than a standard label to me.

Congrats!

Awesome, thank you everyone! If I thought planning the proposal was hard enough, my fiance is already stressing me out about the wedding lol. Once I progress with everything I will post what the label is going to look like.

And since you are a year out, start making high OG stuff (if you're into that sort of thing) now that can age a bit, then transition into lighter stuff as it gets closer. Just my $.02.

I liked showing off my variety to family and friends.

Also, this is a perfect opportunity to lobby the powers that be to get more brewing gear. If you're brewing for that amount of people, you should be brewing 10 gallon batches. A keggle, large mashtun (at least 10 gallon cooler), burner and pump should do the trick.

A word of warning for you:

I wanted to do homebrew at my wedding, me and my brother-in-law could have provided all that was needed cheaper and better than commercial, and with 8 kegs. But, it was a no-go. We never had an event at a private residence and neither our rehearsal dinner site nor our carter was willing to serve homebrew. They were worried about their license and serving a beer that didn't come through a commercial brewery or a licensed distributor, plus liability if something should happen. (I also think there is a kneejerk against doing something so different/out of the ordinary/"weird"/this can't be any good).

If you have a private site and are not using someone with a liquor licenses you are probably good to go. But, if you are you should start looking around and asking different locations and caters. You might have to do some research on the state of the law and regulations in you local to convince them too (licensing bureau or Attorney General) to see if such a thing is permissible.

I wish you the best of luck.

They were worried about their license and serving a beer that didn't come through a commercial brewery or a licensed distributor, plus liability if something should happen.

Indeed we had the same issue. They were also concerned about their lost income if we didn't purchase our booze from them. We were sneaky about it, but still managed to kill 4 kegs and many bottles over 3 days.

Some venues will require a 'convenience' fee if you bring in your own stuff.

Thank you for the information everyone. We look at our first place this Sunday and the next on next Saturday so we will see what they say! I will keep you posted and show pics of the labels I make.

I recently labeled wine bottles for gifts. I went on amazon and searched for avery wine labels. Once I got them I went the avery website and they have a great tool, you just punch in the label model number you bought and use their tool to put on a picture and words. You can then save your 'project' as a pdf file. And then you can print out 9 labels per sheet. It was pretty easy to do and they came out great. I'll be doing it again for sure.

Back