Sea-themed Brewery Names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellmtbbq

Reaction score
Hi,

I've finally decided to officially name my home brewery, and as I've always been a big reader of colonial and Napoleon era naval history, I decided this might be a good theme. I'd like them to end with Brewing Company, not Brewery, if at all possible. Here is some ideas I've come up with, a shoutout to anyone who comes up with the one I like! :D Thanks a million

I really was thinking about Sloop Brewing Co. but a Google search showed there is one in the Hudson Valley. I also liked Dry Dock Brewery AFTER I heard it on brewingtv. :drunk:

Some of my ideas so far:

Bluefish Brewing Company
Delaware Brewing Company
Bigfish Brewing Company
Frigate Brewing Company
Brig Brewing Company

Shoot! :mug:

wegz15 said:
Shipwreck brewing co.

Come aboard and get wrecked

Haha that's awesome! You just reminded me of a n old friend of mine who used to answer his phone with: "RoadKill Cafe, you kill 'em we grill 'em!"

Castaway Brewing Co.
SS Minnow Brewing Co
Swashbuckler Brewing Co
Gallion Brewing Co
Long 9 Brewing Co...come in & get blasted
Etocha Brewing Co...come in & get overloaded
There's a few for thought off the top of my head.:mug:

Brass Monkey Brewing Company, I looked it up it was already taken but they went out of business.

I looked up Full Sail, it is already taken.

I am not having much luck with this task.

As you Americans like to abreviate, and you are interested in colonial history, and you have a thing about sailors, how about the J.P.J Brewing Company after one of your own colonial heroes.

Forgot about John Paul. "I have not yet begun to brew!". Makes me think of another one. Ex-Pat brewing Co...

Thanks for all the suggestions! There's three or four in there I really like, I'll make a decision tonight.

Also I'm not that much of a fan of JPJ. Think he gets way too much credit for what he did in one engagement. I've thought about the Constitution Brewing Co, after the ship from the Quasi war/1812, but I dont think anyone would get it.

Thanks everyone

Swashbuckler Brewing Co already exists in Manheim, PA.

I'd second the Shipwrecked idea...sounds good and a catchy slogan to go with it.

MisterTipsy said:
Arrrrrrrr Brewing

Dirty Bilge Brewing

I was gonna say Bilgewater Brewing Co.

If I started a brewery and that name was available it would be mine!

Dark Shoals Brewing.

Triton Brewing Company.

Spinnaker Brewing.

Sunken Grotto Brewing -- Come and drink like a fish.

Horatio's Homebrew.

Riptide
Bilge water
Nantucket sleigh-ride
Nor'easter
Nor'wester
Chart house
Crows nest
Back fin
Chanel marker[insert lucky # here]

Yada, yada , yada...

Either of the two lakes near you (Curtis or Rosedale) might sounds nautical if you add Cove Brewing Co. to them. Curtis Cove B.C. or Rosedale Cove B.C. C.C.B.C. sounds interesting to me.

I guess Sinking Dinky would have a bad aura about it.

Speaking of aura, how about St. Elmo Brewing Co? Or something related to nautical knots, like Monkey Fist?

Cast Off Brewing Company
Set Sail Brewing Company
Nautical Brewing Company
Knot-ical Brewing Company
Sexton Brewing Company
Drunken Sailor Brewing Company
Happy Sailor Brewing Company
A-HOY Brewing Company
White Cap Brewing Company
Round Earth Brewing Company
Sea Captain Brewing Company
Sea Monster Brewing Company
Savvy Brewing Company
Leaky Boat Brewing Company
Stern Brewing Company
Free Sailing Brewing Company

I think I have more but that is a long list.

prrriiide said:
Corsair Brewing
7-Pounder Brewing
Barquentine Brewing

Considering where you are located, Night Raider Brewing might be a good one (in honor of Washington's Delaware crossing).

Ahh these are some good ideas. Privateer brewing co. Isn't catchy but something like that.

Shipwrecked is a great idea, def. a possibility, only problem is I only make session beers so it may take a case before getting wrecked :drunk:

nutty_gnome said:
Either of the two lakes near you (Curtis or Rosedale) might sounds nautical if you add Cove Brewing Co. to them. Curtis Cove B.C. or Rosedale Cove B.C. C.C.B.C. sounds interesting to me.

Wow ! You must know the area, on my phone I can't see where you're from, but yea
Rosedale or amwell.

Thanks so much for all the awesome ideas, lots of love here. Here's the ones I really like:

1. Shipwrecked Brewing Company
2. Delaware Brewing Company
3. Amwell/ Amwell Cove Brewing Company
4. Whitecap Brewing Company
5. Nautical Brewing Company
6. Lenape Brewing Company
7. Fathom Brewing Company

Thoughts? I got some awesome labels designed.

White knuckle Ride Brewing co.
Great white brewing
Black beard brewing
Lost at sea

Can't belive nobody has chimed in yet with..
SeaMan Beer Company....."Swallow the Goodness"

Maritime Brewing
Wogdog Brewing (sp)

My uncle (USMC) said that one of his favorite things in the corp was the ritual hazing of marines who crossed the equator for the first time at sea. I believe they were called Wog Dogs.

You could go a little more modern and honor our troops at the same time, Atlantic Fleet Brewing Company "toast our heroes"

On a side note, Swashbuckler Brewing out of Manheim PA was mentioned (which is the Pa Renaissance Faire) anyone that gets a chance to try these brews, DO IT. Talk about quality brewing. They also do a brew comp each year and the winner goes on the seasons menu.

Back