Kegconnection.com - Black Friday AD!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joshua,
I did an order a few minutes ago and noticed something weird after I checked out. I ordered the: 1 Keg Basic Kit, Standard Kit, Pin Lock Keg & 4 lb. CO2 Cylinder! plus a perlick faucet and one of the $19.99 'b' keg specials. Anyway, I noticed (after checkout was complete) that the price on the kit on the web page ($107.95) doesn't match what I was charged ($119.95). How do I get this corrected? I still have the web page up with the $107.95 price, but I notice if I bring it up in a new window it now shows the $119.95 price.

Thanks.

hmm... i don't see a $107.95 but please email me a screenshot of your browser to [email protected] and leave me your contact info with order number and i'll call you sometime tomorrow morning. i'm going to apologize in advance that my phone call might not be until 11:00AM CST because i'll probably be up until 2AM trying to fix these sort of issues in the back end of our site.

cheers,

joshua

hmm... i don't see a $107.95 but please email me a screenshot of your browser to [email protected] and leave me your contact info with order number and i'll call you sometime tomorrow morning. i'm going to apologize in advance that my phone call might not be until 11:00AM CST because i'll probably be up until 2AM trying to fix these sort of issues in the back end of our site.

cheers,

joshua

I had the same issue. I didn't notice it and don't have a screen shot or the page from where I ordered (did so on my iPad), but the base price on the pin lock kit on the pre-Black Friday sale page (which is technically still pre Black Friday??) earlier in the day up to when I started noticing the ball locks disappearing was $107.95. It now shows $119.95. If I had to guess, I think it was taking the 10% off the $119.95 price (119.95 less 10% is $107.95) glenn at themaleys.com

Oh yeah, good luck (seriously) working out all the bugs.

well... the ad said "use promo code BF2011 for free shipping"... that's your problem for shipping. the listings for the kegs specifically said "Limit 1 per Customer" in the detailed description and the B-Grade Racetracks initially didn't have that in the "brief description" but we added it (but it was ALWAYS in the detailed description). the only error was that our cart, for whatever reason it was, allowed customers to buy as many of the kegs we were trying to limit as they wanted to. we are trying our best to be more than reasonable with our customers and i apologize if you feel this isn't as great a sale as we think it is. i think if you compare apples to apples, you won't find any other site with deals this low.

cheers,

joshua

Joshua, I'm sorry , I guess it is my problem about the shipping, I used HBT as the code, and it didn't accept it, so I thought it would correct it the second time around, so thats what I thought. as I said above. Hey I do think it was a great sale, Just upset now about how it played out, All in like 10 minutes.
BTW I have placed orders with you guys and got all my kegging equipment from you. I can only say I'm happy with it all.

I paid with PAY PAL, now what do we do?

i think i've lived in HBT for the last few days :mug:

:D joshua :D

LOL. I've been (quietly) thinking, "Does he need to respond to all of these questions. Re-read- the answers are there."

Anyways, I feel like a little kid on X-mas. I got the best deal of the year and I'm going to rub it in all year long by playing it off as if it was no big deal.

"How much did you pay? Whoa. I got my stuff my at Kegconnection on Black Friday. There's always next year bro."

Giddy!!!!!:tank:

cheers,

joshua

Joshua
Thanks for the quick reply. Email has been sent.

Damn, I figured you guys would have enough kegs to last past an hour and half. No kegs for me.

tell me about it. not trying to up-sell you (because Lord knows i'm a terrible salesman) but these converted ball lock kegs are NICE.

*Converted Ball Lock Keg, Cornelius Keg, 5 Gallon, "Standard Grade" for Homebrew/Soda

for whatever reason, pin lock kegs seem to get less dinged up from our supplier and are great for fitting in to smaller fridges. if you want to keep the traditional ball lock shape, our "A+ grade" kegs are still in stock and are $20 off list price.

Cornelius Keg (or Firestone), 5 Gallon, Ball Lock "A+-GRADE" (See Description)

after reading that i realized my reassuring you that i'm not trying to up-sell you is probably a tactic of a salesman. it's been a long day :drunk:

cheers,

joshua

Does the two faucet kegerator include everything I need apart from kegs and co2 tank? As a newbie to kegging, what's the best option, ball or pin disconnects?

that is correct. in regards to the kegs, "best" is relative. they function the same, same volume, just different dimensions. ask around here on the forums and you'll probably find that a good majority use ball lock kegs.

cheers,

joshua

Shopping cart issues aside, it's obvious Kegconnection is trying to offer a great deal and great customer service. Everyone should keep this in mind if there one of the guys with issues. I might be one of those guys. LOL, but I'lll call and I'm confident we'll work out it.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Pin locks are a bit wider than ball locks, which doesn't matter if you're not squeezing them into a tiny keezer. They're something like an inch wider, so with a few in a keezer, you might be able to fit 1 less than if you had ball locks.

Other differences are that ball locks have a pull-pin pressure relief value in the center, pin locks don't. I consider ball locks more convenient because of that, but it's not a huge deal.

Pin locks are cheaper these days though.

LOL. I've been (quietly) thinking, "Does he need to respond to all of these questions. Re-read- the answers are there."

Anyways, I feel like a little kid on X-mas. I got the best deal of the year and I'm going to rub it in all year long by playing it off as if it was no big deal.

"How much did you pay? Whoa. I got my stuff my at Kegconnection on Black Friday. There's always next year bro."

Giddy!!!!!:tank:

haha! my problem is i have the iOS app for HBT and it's set up to notify me on threads i subscribe too... which this is one. and i know, as a customer of many other retailers, how much i would appreciate it for as quick a response as they could possibly provide so i try to provide answers as quickly as possible or pawn the question off to someone in house that does know it.

we put a lot of thought and time into this year's sale, thanks for the comments!

cheers,

joshua

Shopping cart issues aside, it's obvious Kegconnection is trying to offer a great deal and great customer service. Everyone should keep this in mind if there one of the guys with issues. I might be one of those guys. LOL, but I'lll call and I'm confident we'll work out it.

Happy Thanksgiving.

also, with that being said the site sales are now live to non-HBT members and i'm going to get a quick nap in before i crash here on my keyboard. please continue to post in this thread with any comments, questions, or concerns and i will do my best to address them all as soon as possible.

cheers,

joshua

I officially missed out. One of my kids had a nightmare, and by the time I got back to the computer, both the B grades and racetracks were sold out... :(

usfmikeb said:
I officially missed out. One of my kids had a nightmare, and by the time I got back to the computer, both the B grades and racetracks were sold out... :(

Fudge. Guess I am out too. I need pin locks anyway, but I could have traded. Looks like I'm getting a Pin lock and Beersmith!

I tried to get in on the savings last night, had a shopping cart with the B grade and racetrack but I believe there was an issue with the site and now they're all sold out. My original total was $89 and the shipping was $54.95 (To Canada) and I thought I would add a third keg (Not the B-grade ones with 1 per customer) and as soon as I did this the shipping charge went to $200. I understand that I could use the halfship coupon and bring it down to $100. So I thought, well maybe its because its another Keg, they're big. So instead I ordered a few sets of O-rings. Got the order to $99, shipping back to $54.95. Added a clamp, order goes to $100, shipping charge goes back to $200. Definitely a glitch (at least I'm hoping it wasn't deliberate) and now I've missed out because of it.

artemis said:
I tried to get in on the savings last night, had a shopping cart with the B grade and racetrack but I believe there was an issue with the site and now they're all sold out. My original total was $89 and the shipping was $54.95 (To Canada) and I thought I would add a third keg (Not the B-grade ones with 1 per customer) and as soon as I did this the shipping charge went to $200. I understand that I could use the halfship coupon and bring it down to $100. So I thought, well maybe its because its another Keg, they're big. So instead I ordered a few sets of O-rings. Got the order to $99, shipping back to $54.95. Added a clamp, order goes to $100, shipping charge goes back to $200. Definitely a glitch (at least I'm hoping it wasn't deliberate) and now I've missed out because of it.

Did you use the code for free shipping?

Is there an easy way to upgrade to Perlick forward Seal faucets when you choose the Homebrew Kegs, ball locks, premium refrigerator kits? I would love the 2 keg door kit with the upgraded faucet. I can only see where I can add the faucet outright, I wouldn't need 4 faucets.

Is there an easy way to upgrade to Perlick forward Seal faucets when you choose the Homebrew Kegs, ball locks, premium refrigerator kits? I would love the 2 keg door kit with the upgraded faucet. I can only see where I can add the faucet outright, I wouldn't need 4 faucets.

there is a category called "Keg Kit Essentials".

Results for *Keg Kit ESSENTIALS

this houses kegs and kit upgrades. normally there is a blurb about it on the front page, i didn't even think about it. i'll start putting the blurb in the product descriptions. sorry for that!

cheers,

joshua

the only (supposed) reason the shipping would jump to $200 is if the weight was over 150 lbs. your cart, as described, shouldn't have been near that weight. please call our sales manager, Ben, directly @ 512-749-8101 and let him know what happened. Ben is extremely good about doing everything he can to work with you and i'm confident you'll get taken care of.

sorry about your troubles!

cheers,

joshua

tell me about it. not trying to up-sell you (because Lord knows i'm a terrible salesman) but these converted ball lock kegs are NICE.

*Converted Ball Lock Keg, Cornelius Keg, 5 Gallon, "Standard Grade" for Homebrew/Soda

for whatever reason, pin lock kegs seem to get less dinged up from our supplier and are great for fitting in to smaller fridges. if you want to keep the traditional ball lock shape, our "A+ grade" kegs are still in stock and are $20 off list price.

Yeah, I ended up buying these as they seemed a really, really good value. Thanks again Joshua, great service! My homebrew buddies have been telling me about you guys for months and now I know why. :thumbsup:

When will you be selling the 19.95 Kegs I do not see them???

we opened the sale to HBT @ 9PM last night, thinking we'd probably sell out of the B-grade RaceTracks and Standard grade RackTracks but we thought they'd last until at least midnight. well, we were wrong. they lasted until 9:20 and 9:30, respectively. we've still got plenty of other kegs (some marked WAY down) but those LOW priced ones went quick.

cheers,

joshua

I was one of those who did not see the message about a limit of 1 per customer on the standard race lids, so I ordered two. I just called in and upgraded the one standard to the converted pin lock you mentioned in an earlier post. Unfortunetly it sounds like now the sales manager will have to call and get CC info for the slight price difference. Considering how many times this probably has happened, I bet your sales manager is going to be a busy person for a few days. Good luck getting things straightened out.

I was one of those who did not see the message about a limit of 1 per customer on the standard race lids, so I ordered two. I just called in and upgraded the one standard to the converted pin lock you mentioned in an earlier post. Unfortunetly it sounds like now the sales manager will have to call and get CC info for the slight price difference. Considering how many times this probably has happened, I bet your sales manager is going to be a busy person for a few days. Good luck getting things straightened out.

yeah, it's going to be a busy day! oh well, we need to sweat out all the gravy from yesterday anyway. :drunk:

cheers,

joshua

yes, we didn't realize it was listed wrongly in the standalone listing. sorry if there was any confusion!

No worries. Just trying to make sure I get what I want. I emailed you a couple things yesterday but have not received return email back related to changes I'd like to make to last nights order z(pricing discrepancy, changes, add ons)

Back