MD Brewday - Summer Meetup Planning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone goin near a brewstore? can you grab me thing of raspberry extract? cousin kicked 4 kegs last night.... gotta restock fast.

Hey guys. Sorry I've been MIA on the forum since the last brewday. Bad news though, I won't be able to make this one on Saturday. I'll hopefully be in attendance at the next one.

Well damn. Reschedule or just wait until the next one?

Oh and 10 chars aren't needed anymore.

I wasn't going to come because of family plans. The plans fell changed and I ended up coming home after dropping my wife and kid off in Winchester, WV. I decided to brew solo and got caught in all that rain (started around 5:00pm)

I was brewing in spirit with y'all. . . . and nobody was there? Disappointing. ;)

Hey, I'm going to be breaking in the smoker in my sig, and I"ll also be breaking in the brew rig in my sig. Since you guys screwed the pooch, would you like to take the show on the road? I know it's short notice, but we'll be brewing this saturday. It's not that hard to get to my place, 95 north, to 476 north, to 276 east, to 309 south, and my place. And most of the places will be blowing out beer from Philly Beer week, can hit them up once we're done brewing. Just saying...

Man, if the family reunion hadn't been postponed to THIS weekend! Grrrr.

Oh well, if that doesn't happen, we'll go to Williamsburg, VA. Don't suppose you'll want to drive it down there. ;)

down to williamsburg? most likely not. Baltimore isn't so much of a stretch though. Most of my car buddies are from the DC/MD area.

That said, the Caveman BBQ will be 7/9 if you guys are interested. Lots of BBQ, lots of beer. I put out a "donation" jar. Pork isn't cheap (36 racks!!), but I don't really charge to come to a bbq either (give/dont' give what you want). Other than that, bring a case of beer YOU like to drink. If we need it, fine. If not, take it home with you. Bring a sleeping bag and a pillow. Flip cup/beer pong hybrid game usually goes well into the wee hours, as well as scotch and stogies! People are pretty hammered. Oh, and since none of you have been to one, wear $hitty clothes for the bbq, then something you can change into afterward. You WILL be a mess (as long as you have as much fun as everyone else)!

i'm in rockville, and i'd be up for a brew day. i've never brewed at a "remote location", should be interesting. sorta like camping - better hope you've brought everything you need.

i have a bunch of vacation coming up in august that might interfere with my attendance but that doesn't matter. let's get something organized and make it happen. who cares if i can't make it, i'm sure plenty of others will!

i'm in rockville, and i'd be up for a brew day. i've never brewed at a "remote location", should be interesting. sorta like camping - better hope you've brought everything you need.

i have a bunch of vacation coming up in august that might interfere with my attendance but that doesn't matter. let's get something organized and make it happen. who cares if i can't make it, i'm sure plenty of others will!

Usually enough of us show up that if you forget something it's no big deal and some thing we share anyway.

Joppa or Takoma Park is the big question? Should we just decide or wait for Stefin and Mike to volunteer :D.

Usually enough of us show up that if you forget something it's no big deal and some thing we share anyway.

Joppa or Takoma Park is the big question? Should we just decide or wait for Stefin and Mike to volunteer :D.

I don't know if joppa would be an option anymore either. I could email Al and see if he could at his new place.

when were people thinking of doing this? is this a "this weekend" sort of thing, or more like "next month"? i would image it's something that we'd want to plan ahead for, so we have time to gather supplies, convince SWMBO, arrange for the kids/dogs/hops/etc to be taken care of, etc.

looking at my vacation schedule, i don't have much time between now and mid-august (headed to portugal late july/early august)... but that's my problem, not yours, so please plan away! i'll make it if i can.

when were people thinking of doing this? is this a "this weekend" sort of thing, or more like "next month"? i would image it's something that we'd want to plan ahead for, so we have time to gather supplies, convince SWMBO, arrange for the kids/dogs/hops/etc to be taken care of, etc.

looking at my vacation schedule, i don't have much time between now and mid-august (headed to portugal late july/early august)... but that's my problem, not yours, so please plan away! i'll make it if i can.

Usually planned at least a month or two ahead of time.

I won't be able to do anything until probably middle of next month or so.

a month or two out certainly works for me. plus, we can hope for more tolerable weather in mid to late september. planning anything for mid-august is just asking for heatwave.

Back