fermenter over flowed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmyhreffd

Reaction score
whats up everyone i'm on my seventh batch now, and i'm making a rushin impereal stout. it's supose to be about 9.2% abv. i brewed on sunday, checked the fermenter on monday and the air lock was bubbling like normal. when i checked it tuesday the airlok was filled with beer and the lid was popped up. so i reset the lid and put a new airlok in and it's still bubbling faster than any brew i've dune so far. i guess my question is, is this normal

That's some rock'n yeast dude! Get a 1/4" water tube you use for the back of the fridge and cut a piece long enought to go from the air lock hole down to a bucket of water. Plug in the tube to the airlock hole and direct the tube down to the container of water and make sure the mouth of the tube is underwater. Overflows will travel from your fermentor down to the water bucket. Problem solved.

Good Luck, and cheers

Latest posts

Back