Apfelwein is almost ready

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver02ws6

Reaction score
Its been in the carboy for 3 weeks tommarow, and its finally starting to clear real nicley. Hope this stuff is as good as all the reviews it has got.

I cant wait!!!:ban:

how much sugar should i add to carb this apfelwein?
im kegging it but dnt have CO2 stuff

thanks

I believe you carbonate it just like you would a batch of beer, i know its less with a keg than if your bottling but im not sure by how much.

Only got bottles here

Mine is 3 weeks today, fermentation is finally slowing, I cheated though and took a sample this past week, SG was about 1.002 and it tasted like apple champagne, yummy.

hmm, im plannin on doing a bottling bucket now..
and bottling it into half pint glass bottles

can anyone help me with how much sugar?

thanks

Interesting, i thought fermentation had stopped completely on my apfelwein, and it might have. I kept it at 70*F. Today starts the 4th week, well we started some experimental Hard Lemonade and set it beside the apfelwein. I leave and come back to check on the Lemonade and see the apfelwein bubble. I thought it completely stopped, and it either got stuck and started again when the temp rose a little (to warm up the lemonade), or it was always bubbling just at about 1 bubble every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Any thoughts on this Ed? Was it always fermenting and I just didn't notice? Truth be told after it started clearing I quit paying attention to the airlock.

XELA said:
hmm, im plannin on doing a bottling bucket now..
and bottling it into half pint glass bottles

can anyone help me with how much sugar?

thanks

3/4 cup of corn sugar for 5 gallons should do it.

thanks!

it hasnt satrted fermenting yet after a 1 day.. is that normal?

Back