Md Brew Day - January 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
Since we are in the middle of the current brew day let's plan the next. We are discussing Jan 16. Thoughts?

If I put it on the calendar now SWMBO can't say no. That's probably the latest I could do another one though. Getting into February and I'll be booked.

so whats everyone brewing? I think its time to start thinking Spring beers.... Wit, 60 Schilling.....Pilnser! that kinda thing....

so whats everyone brewing? I think its time to start thinking Spring beers.... Wit, 60 Schilling.....Pilnser! that kinda thing....
I'm making a Kolsch. Every year I say I'm doing one and letting it cold age. This year I'm really going to do it, damn it!

I am not quite sure. I may decide based on what the wyeast VSS offerings are around that time. Last year they has the old ale strain out, so if that is there again, I may do an english style old ale.

I am not quite sure. I may decide based on what the wyeast VSS offerings are around that time. Last year they has the old ale strain out, so if that is there again, I may do an english style old ale.

That sounds damn good. I should have my hand pump set up to serve like a cask by then too.

I would think this would have to age for at least 6-8 months, so you could take your time building a hand pump.

heh, I just made an olde ale......

Its January people! you need to have your spring 60 schilling and wit made! (Kitten light for me, since the wit is better with full on swamp summers) that doesnt mean i wont make 2 :D

I haven't got my paws on any yet :cross:

Homoerotic??? I don't recall the glassware resembling a phalic object :confused:

So what is the deal with these brew days? Where are they located? Do you do mash only? I just started, but these look like a good chance to get some good tips from everyone. I might join in on the next one you have after this January session.

Typically we do it up in Joppa, as my place is rather central to the group since we have some from DC, Frederick, Delaware and Southern PA.

We do all grain, and you're welcome to split a batch with someone, or if you want to do an extract batch, that's cool too.

It started as kind of ways for extract brewers to watch the AG process, and the group just started growing from there.

I would imagine after January that the next session would be a Mar/April brewday.

As for this brew -- since i'll need something to get ready for St Pattys I might want to make my Irish Red or maybe a stout....

Typically we do it up in Joppa, as my place is rather central to the group since we have some from DC, Frederick, Delaware and Southern PA.

We do all grain, and you're welcome to split a batch with someone, or if you want to do an extract batch, that's cool too.

It started as kind of ways for extract brewers to watch the AG process, and the group just started growing from there.

I would imagine after January that the next session would be a Mar/April brewday.

As for this brew -- since i'll need something to get ready for St Pattys I might want to make my Irish Red or maybe a stout....

Nice, I may come up and get in the mix with you guys. I was thinking about trying to switch to AG soon, so this might be a great time for me to get my learn on. If I split with someone, do I bring my carboy or what?

Sorry for so many questions.

Typically when splitting a batch you bring at least a carnot <edit, should say carboy, posted drunk from a phone last night>. You work out the rest of the gear, the ingredients and any $ with your brew partner.

I think I will be brewing a consecration-esque beer. I will not call it a clone since I will come up with my own grain bill. It should be like a blonde ale if fermented cleanly.

I would be interested in coming, pretty new to brewing (bottled 2nd batch yesterday). I am interested in learning all I can, if someone is wiling to split a batch that would be great. Let me know if there is anything I need to bring (seems carboy, cash, and I can bring some food).
Looking forward to it.

KC

I am also interested in joining the party if someone wants to split. If not, I can wait until next time. I would like to learn the AG process.

Back