Your Best Brewing Tip?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
delete

Screw this crap....go steal from another website.

I knew something didn't feel right, especially with your internet handle...

So I guess the best brewing tip would be to go shove a hydrometer someplace.

Be patient. I researched for more than a month before I even bought my first piece of equipment.
Try to leave your beer alone.

Are you using these tips for your website? The one you sign up for to "Receive Free Brewing Tips"? If so, I think this is information that should be presented in your original post.

The internet, books, and personal experience provide an abundance of information that you can pass on to others. However I'm not sure the right way to go about it is to ask a forum that you're not very active on for said tips that seem to be the foundation of your website. I did not sign up so I'm not positive but that's what one can assume based on the information presented on your site's home page. It seems kind of cheap; sort of like you're looking for someone to do the work for you.

If this is not the case I apologize but I thought it should be addressed. Cheers:tank:

Oh he's daring to use our tips to make money from our wisdom?

Jesus that's bold bs.....methinks, we should delete all we posted. This is about sharing information, NOT capitalizing on the good will of others.

Good catch drinkswell, buddy.

Every now and then we get someone in here with some pie in the sky idea, or looking for something FROM us, like a recipe or something right off the bat, in their very first post...Without first giving anything to the community.

We even had some guy on here a few weeks back who wanted us to give him a recipe so his wife could win an award....someone else asking us what kind of brewing tool we "need" so he could patent it and invent it...not knowing a damn thing about brewing...another one wanted to design brewing software, and wanted us to help him...not even being aware of all the brewing software already out there, some of it created by our very own members.

It really has sort of an "I don't really care about you and what you have going on here, I just want to take advantage of you," feeling.

Especially if you spent some time around here participating and being a part of the culture BEFORE HAND (like some of the vendors on here, they don't just try to sell to us, they actually give back to the group with help, wisdom, insight, and advice...not just trying to take our money.)

he beer community is a pretty open and supportive community, even between the pros and the homebrewers....You can pretty much email any brewer from nearly any brewery (except maybe AB/Miller/Coors, etc.) and get help and even their recipes...Many of the brew masters of places like Stone, or Rogue, or Bell's, will answer questions about their recipes/and their products....Some have even converted their large recipes to homebrewer scale for people...and if you look at some of the large micro brewery websites, they post their recipes....

And the micros are pretty supportive of each other too...there's little of that competitiveness/suspicions even between each other..That you find at the larger levels....It ain't utopia, but it's pretty close to it.

If you wan't to read about the extent of the openness of the beer community look at this piece on the "Collaboration Not Litigation Beer" that Russian River, and Avery Brewery Put together.

This pretty much sums up our community...

We put a lot of info on here, spend a lot of time coming up with ideas, gizmos, recipe, all for free, for REAL not to become rich off of it.

Bad form pal, totally against what WE DO HERE!

The best tip that I have is that you should start an affiliate program. My brewing didn't really take off until I figured out how to monetize the knowledge that I gained from my peers and friends. Once I learned the fundamentals of Wealth Building and Google AdSense, I started getting much higher BJCP scores and my friends really seemed to like my beer better. Now that I have invited most of my friends and peers into affiliate program, each time they brew it fills my kegs a little. Also, I now have a much stronger understanding of FEMALE_TRAIT_1 and have a much better home life.

The best tip that I have is that you should start an affiliate program. My brewing didn't really take off until I figured out how to monetize the knowledge that I gained from my peers and friends. Once I learned the fundamentals of Wealth Building and Google AdSense, I started getting much higher BJCP scores and my friends really seemed to like my beer better. Now that I have invited most of my friends and peers into affiliate program, each time they brew it fills my kegs a little. Also, I now have a much stronger understanding of FEMALE_TRAIT_1 and have a much better home life.

And since your best friend is the Nigerian Minister of finance, you will always be rich, and stay hard....right? ;)

I almost forgot!!! Once I started doing all grain brewing, I got really overwhelmed. I thought there was no hope for me.

Then I realized, I'm never going to get better on my own, there must be some SECRET 5 TIPS to brewing better. If I could just find a patented method!!! I did some fierce googling, watched some videos of guys talking about brewing while driving cars, and 3 google checkouts later and I was set. Since then, my beer has been really tasty.

And it looks like most of the content on their blog is just "borrowed" cut and paste from other sources as well......though they DO credit it...but it's nothing original...

I almost forgot!!! Once I started doing all grain brewing, I got really overwhelmed. I thought there was no hope for me.

Then I realized, I'm never going to get better on my own, there must be some SECRET 5 TIPS to brewing better. If I could just find a patented method!!! I did some fierce googling, watched some videos of guys talking about brewing while driving cars, and 3 google checkouts later and I was set. Since then, my beer has been really tasty.

But can you love me long time now? :)

Just as a musician's best asset is his ear, and an artist's best asset is his eye, the brewer's best asset is his tongue.

You should learn to use your tongue effectively. You do this by drinking many, many beers and licking things.

Dude seems to me to be a fellow homebrewer, as opposed to a troll/spammer. I'm not in love with the website, and I'd like to see what the OP has to say about it, but at the same time all homebrewers who want to participate and contribute at HBT are welcome, so with that in mind, BrewingBetterBeer, I invite you to do just that.

I bit and signed up for his"tip", the tip was another link that didn't work.

Sure smells of spamming to me.

Huge downer.... :mad:

I saw this thread and thought it was a genuine chance to help someone, to give back a little...you know?

...grrrrrrrr.....

"Generally speaking, something you want to avoid is gross beer."

Well at least hes educated in brewing...

#1 tip: Keep your eyes on the road. You don't wanna die before you get home to brew. Webcasting and driving at the same time is something that only true n00b brewers do.

I hope you add urine to the sparge. Otherwise, your pH is going to be messed up.

I think you might win the booby prize for the best tip EVAH!!!!!

giant-boobs-in-the-shower.jpg

Sorry, but since we're not in fightclub I can't show you the unedited version.

Don't stir your hot wort with your penis. Wait till it's cooled, then stir with your penis. ;)

But laughing gnome manages to pull it off, why can't I??????

If Laughing Gnome decides to "pull it off" in his spare time that's his business. :D Give him space, man, or you might get something funky in your wort!

Back