1 gallon recipes? Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveVanO

Reaction score
I'm new to cider making, have some meads, also some Apfelwein being made. I'm looking to do some hard ciders.
I have a couple 1 gallon carboys open, along with Montrachet, ec1118, d47, and k1116 yeasts left over. Sort of looking for some recipes to make, that aren't hard and wouldn't take a ton of time. Please and thanks!

At the simplest

1 Gallon of Pasteurized 100% Applejuice with no preservatives
2 cups sugar(corn, table, brown, your choice)

Shake well to mix

Add Yeast Nutrient(if you want)

Shake well

Add Wine, Cider, or Ale Yeast

Mix in

Youtube video you can watch quick too if you want

Last edited by a moderator:
So Montrachet yeast would be a good one to use. Isnt this like the same as Apfelwein?
Would adding some cinnamon sticks work out? And I have energizer and nutrients I plan to use.
Idk if the lalvin yeasts I mentioned would be classified as wine yeasts. All of them have been used in meads. Which would make sense

Wine yeast works well. As far as cinnamon sticks, i guess you could add them in after you have racked it.

Ah ok. Any other recipes? I pretty much have 3 1/2 gallons of what you just mentioned being made (Apfelwein) already

The beverage he's making in the video is a quick apple wine. I think it was a two week process. My suggestion would be to just start with plain juice, add some yeast and an airlock. Cider with no added sugars are surprisingly good. This will also give you a baseline for trying other flavors and sugars in the future.

Back