How do you store your brewing gear/equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtybear7

Reaction score
My Stuff is in a combo of places. I need to clean it up. I want to make it easy to get things and put them away. Do you throw it all in buckets? Do you use a tackle box? Tool cabinet?

There is more. A pot out of the frame. A pot in the garage. The burners and propane are in the garage.

image-2704765514.jpg

My stuff has over taken the guest room so much that I don't welcome guest anymore for fear of what they might get into. If a friend has too much of my homebrew I call a cab then lure them outside and quickly lock the door behind them.

Haha my setup is nearly identical to Jeep's. The only main difference is my keggerator is in my living room (unless that is his fermenting chamber?). I also keep cleaning supplies, herbs, spices, yeast, nutrient, etc in the kitchen because it is handy and can also be used for cooking.

This Rubbermaid container works awesome, my dad picked it up for me when we started brewing. also pour sanitizer in it

image-3682621848.jpg

I have a room that's about 6' x 8' in the basement that is my brewing room. That's just where I keep my stuff, though. The actual brewing takes place in the garage.

Teromous said:
Haha my setup is nearly identical to Jeep's. The only main difference is my keggerator is in my living room (unless that is his fermenting chamber?). I also keep cleaning supplies, herbs, spices, yeast, nutrient, etc in the kitchen because it is handy and can also be used for cooking.

Yup, two fermentation chambers in that front bedroom and a kegerator/hops freezer in the garage.

image-3526003458.jpg

image-2895020652.jpg

image-31732025.jpg

Mine is in a little 6*8 laundry room on a plastic shelf however that is gonna soon change to a cabinet. :rockin:

I live in an apartment, my only storage is under the stairs. It sucks to get in and out of there. I have a roof-deck where I brew, but no storage out there.
attachment.php

Brew_Storage.jpg

I've got most of my stuff on a shelving unit in our laundry room in the basement. My brewing takes place in the garage, which is on the same level as the laundry room.

Recently I tried to do some organization so I've got a couple fairly large rubbermaid tubs and one is filled with stuff for brewing and the other is for kegging. In the brewing one i've got my thermometers, nylon bags, adjuncts hydrometers, scissors, lighters (for the propane burner) etc ... It's nice to just grab it and take it all with me at once instead of hunting around when I'm ready to brew.

In the kegging one i've got all of my wrenches, spare poppits, O-rings, some tubing, keg lube, sanitizers, auto siphon, cleaners, small containers for soaking smaller pieces, etc ...

My stuff is pretty spread out between house and garage. One thing that almost looks organized is my pegboard wall in the garage. It is mostly tools, but great place to hang hoses, paddle, siphon, brushes, etc..

Some stuff on the front porch, some in the back yard, some in the basement, some in the pantry. I know where everything is even though there are four places.

My wife has not complained about it either. That's weird.

I live in an apartment, my only storage is under the stairs. It sucks to get in and out of there. I have a roof-deck where I brew, but no storage out there.
attachment.php

I'm in an apartment too. Small one with no stairs so my stuff just sits in the corner. But I just got a new apartment and I'll be moving at the end of the month. Way more space and a private deck to brew on! :D :mug:to apartment brewing!

The house that I'm living in has a basement, and I have basically commandeered the entire west side of it. My roommates don't seem to mind too much (yet). Pardon the fact that the area is pretty much a mess, but I just brewed yesterday afternoon and the mash/lauter tun, HLT, and other equipment are still drying...

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

Most of my equipment is in a closet. I bought one of those cheap plastic shelving units like other people are using and stuck it inside. I have too much equipment/bottles for the closet so some bottles are stored in the bathroom I use for fermentation. My mash tun is in the dining room and there's a few things in the bedroom where the bathroom and closet are.

RAM,that's pretty much where I was early last year. then I got busy spring cleaning when I realized I could use my old printer cabinet for a fermenter stand/storage unit. My stuf,including large numbers of bottles in odd size boxes were all over the 1st floor. Momma was def annoyed. She smiled pretty big when she caught me cleanin to re-purpose the printer stand & corner of the study. Slowly turning into a man cave.

Back