use unmounted faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cieje

Reaction score
I do not have any kegging equipment as of yet. I'm looking at buying a kit from keg connection. I know eventually I'll build a keezer, but If I buy a kit with faucet handles instead of plastic party taps will I be able to use them? Can they be used not mounted?

Thanks,

-cj

You should just get the party taps and upgrade to faucets when you are able to mount them.

If you are looking to do this fairly soon, I would get the mountable faucets you are going to need, and add a picnic faucet w/ hose and a connector to your order. The extra you spend on the picnic setup will be pretty close to the same cost as shipping the mountable faucets later on. The mountable faucets are impossible to use unless properly mounted. Even though I am set up with multiple faucets on my kegerator, I still use my picnic tap quite often for sampling beer that is not yet on tap, and it can be used if you take a keg to a party.

Back