Heineken to close 210 year old Beamish Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have read the article too fast. Are they stopping the production of Beamish or are they just closing the facility, but are going to continue to produce it along side murphy's?

EIther way, it's sad. Beamish is a good beer. It became my go-to beer when i was in Ireland (and could find it on draft).

I may have read the article too fast. Are they stopping the production of Beamish or are they just closing the facility, but are going to continue to produce it along side murphy's?

EIther way, it's sad. Beamish is a good beer. It became my go-to beer when i was in Ireland (and could find it on draft).

It's closing the facility and sending the top 40 employees to Murphy's. I hope someone else will pick it up and keep it going. :(

Terrible news for me. I love Beamish and that brewery just kicks ass if you've ever been. Just terrible.

I wish i had sampled beamish before we were swinging through the region. I don't think i had my first one until after it was too late to visit.

isn't beamish in a protestant part and muphy's in a catholic part? i guess they're mostly past the fighting but wonder if that will cause a stir?

The Beamish brewery sits atop the original viking settlement of Cork, located in the center of the city. Murphy's brewery (Lady's Well) is not far away, across the river (Lee) in a more run down part of town.

While Beamish was originally owned by protestants and Murphy's catholics, the whole protestant v. catholic is not an issue anymore in S. Ireland. Most people will just be pissed that 120 people will lose their jobs and the brewery will be shut down, to have the beer brewed at the Murphy's facility.

Back