Brew Tower Built from Exercise Equip.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirFizzle

Reaction score
1st post to the forum so I hope the pics work...been doing a lot of research and design on my own all-grain brew tower. Figured I got some really good info from this forum and would post these pics to maybe help spark ideas for someone looking around like I was a few months ago. Didn't want to just lurk and run!

BrewTree.jpg

I used an old weight lifting machine as the basic frame and modified (sawsall-grinder-welder) to hold the sparge tank, mash tun, brew kettle and chiller + propane tank and 2 burners.

The stand-out feature of this tower is the pulley system that lets you lift the brew kettle to gravity feed through the chiller and into the fermenter.
brewTowervvessel.jpg

I use a V-Vessel, so I built a low stand to let the wort flow right in decreasing chance of contamination. The stream areates the wort well enough that good liquid yeast will make strong bubbles within 12-18 hours. The chiller is ~20' coil, but with cold well water 5gal wort goes from boil to below 70 in under 15 minutes.
DSCF0201.jpg

It comes apart quickly for cleaning and can be transported with the wheels and put in a pick-up bed. That's it, hope this helps someone create their own brew stand. :mug:

Arneba28 said:
thats pretty damn cool..Is that an external counter flow chiller

Yeah, the hose water is coming in at its coldest right before the wort exits into the fermenter.

Those are all hardware store parts...the only real trick is drilling out the body of the compression fittings so that the copper tube can pass through.

thats a cool and inventive setup SirFizzle.

how many gallons of wort chinups can you do on that thing? :)

Cheers
BeerCanuck

Back