So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on shipping information I will not have yeast in time to make a lager starter for this weekend... So ill be brewing a starter on Sunday with the intent if brewing next Thursday morning.

I'm brewing NB's Kiwi Express New Zealand hop IPA this weekend. So stoked!!! I'm brewing every Saturday until March 6th. I take the summers off because it gets too hot in my house to ferment.

Probably brew my house North German Alt/AAA on Saturday. I guess that would make it sort of an American Amber Alt <--- BJCP please note new category, LOL!

Pliny Clone

image-3510523162.jpg

Well, luckily, I have options this weekend. I have a buddy that I am collaborating with on a Wheat IPA. If he is able to get his shipment in from Austin Homebrew...we may do it this weekend. If not, then I may do an American Amber (actually, It's a beer right on the border of Pale Ale and Amber Ale)...going to use some Mosaic hop in this one to test it.

Provided I get my grain shipment in time, I planning on brewing a Belgian Blonde Ale on Saturday. It will be my first attempt at that style.......

5 gallons of wit for the wife tomorrow. ABUs will be a little higher than style guidelines as I am using centennial, Simcoe, and Magnum left from an IPA.

I'm actually proud if myself! On Sunday I brewed a pale ale and brown ale, both partial mash, while bottling a batch of IPA and stout, all 5 gallons. I started at 630 am and was done by 130 pm. I thought it was pretty good.

I am brewing a Guinness Foreign Extra Clone this weekend. Got a holiday 12 pack sampler over Christmas and really liked the Foreign Extra. The Cherry Hefe I brewed for SWMBO last weekend should be ready by then too.

Ordering up a bunch of stuff to brew a dark ale thanks to a friendly member. I'm going to add German rauchmalt & ale/kolsch yeast (WL029) that is said to make a clean,lager like flavor at 65-69F!! Right up my alley. My turbo fan & a wet tee should do it this time of year.
I'll also have the stuff to brew my Hopped & Confused again,this time with a paint strainer bag to allow stiring. And it'll get the WL029 yeast as well. I gotta dig up some old canning stuff to wash all this fine German yeast! I also had to search midwest's site to find the bucket lid tool. Gettin one of those to save my sore finger tips on those pesky lids.
I decided to say F'it & start doing 2 brews per month to get some kind of pipeline going again. Damn bills eat up too much cash.

I'm brewing on Monday, doing the same as uniondr, except I'm going to lager it and use s23 yeast.....then Tuesday I'm doing my tried n tested 'hidden stash' except I'm making it as a lager instead of ale :) lots of beer coming

Last weekend I brewed a Oat English Mild, This week I brewing an IPA or a DIPA... its going to be hoppy, then next weekend i'm going to brew a Trippel for a few Pro-am competition. Havent brewed in 7 months need to catch up!

Brewed tonight..................version of EdWort's Haus Pale Ale. Only change was one pound Munich subbed for a pound of the Vienna.

I am trying to decide whether to brew a Saison or a Brown Ale both would be new recipes I designed with the aid of my BeerSmith software. I really want to try both so I may talk myself into a double brew day but we will see.

Cheers

Brewing a Firestone Walker DBA this weekend. Just picked up the grains today. Tomorrow I will make up a starter.

Friday or early Sunday Ill be makin a IPA with 18% Rye and a touch of flaked oats. High Alpha hops and Glacier and the yeast will be some 1272

Brewing a Double Jack clone on Sat., a Triple Belgian on Sun., a DBA clone on Mon., and a Raspberry Wit on Tue. Should be fun...

I'm hoping to make my oatmeal stout, the grains have been sitting here for a week, i'm itching to make it. Just need to see if i can borrow my bro-in-laws propane burner, mine sucks to bad.

At my wife's request I am brewing up an Oktoberfest style beer this weekend but I am using Nottingham ale yeast as my basement is a steady 16C (60F).

I really need to build myself a lagering chamber.

You & me both. Some good,accurate temp control would be great. The set it & forget it type. I ordered the ingredients for version2 of my Hopped & Confused ale & a dark lager with German yeast & malts. Can't wait to try that one.

Brewing a kolsch this weekend...good times!

I hear you on the temp control. I do okay with my swamp cooler but I get tired of swapping out ice packs/bottles. At least it's easier at this time of year.

Making sure the old stir plate is working, getting my lager starter ready for next week.

image-2343228090.jpg

Attachments

• image-668858424.jpg
    image-668858424.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 130
Brewing up my first BIAB with my ghetto kitchen 2 pot setup! Should be fun! I came up with a low grav American Wheat to rack onto some raspberries in a couple of weeks.
Check it out:

Raspberry Wheat

Recipe specifics:

Style: American Wheat or Rye Beer
Batch size: 4.0 gal
Boil volume: 4.5 gal
OG: 1.052
FG: 1.013
Bitterness (IBU): 22.6
Color (SRM): 5.9
ABV: 5.1%

Grain/Sugars:

3.50 lb Briess Red Wheat (US), 31.8%
3.00 lb Vienna (US), 27.3%
0.50 lb CaraVienne, 4.5%

4.00 lb Raspberries (Secondary 1 week)
Hops:

1.00 oz Liberty (AA 4.9%, Pellet) 60 min, 22.6 IBU

Yeast/Misc:
WLP320
American Hefeweizen Yeast

Making a Ranger IPA,hoping to keg my Pliny The Extra Pale, if my first-ever keg gets here this weekend otherwise looks like Im going to bottle it,so I can use the fermenter for the Ranger.

Brewing up 10G of American IPA now. Five different "C" hops in this one. Columbus, Chinook, Centennial, Cascade, and my last ounce of Citra.

Brewing up 10G of American IPA now. Five different "C" hops in this one. Columbus, Chinook, Centennial, Cascade, and my last ounce of Citra.

That sounds good. I did a 3 C extract pilsner ale that turned out awesome,besides a overcarbonation issuse with priming sugar I had.

Now that I racked my Pandaran Pale Ale, I have an empty carboy. Saturday AM I'll put up a batch of Ironforge Red Ale.

Yeah, I play WoW sometimes.

Back