Great Stir Plates on eBay.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefchris

Reaction score
I just received my stir plate, complete with stir bar and keeper magnet, today. Put it to the test immediately. Works great. This guy, who's an avid brewer, sells these on eBay and from his website. He's also got some flasks for sale that are pretty reasonable. The shipping's free if you get it from eBay, not sure if it's the same from his website.

His webiste: StirStarters.com

His eBay page: eBay

He's got a little demo video on his site, too. I would recommend this to
anyone who's lazy like me and doesn't feel like making one themselves.

Disclaimer: I am, in no way, affiliated with this seller. I am, however, fixing to get my drink on. Smuttynose IPA !!!

Seems pretty good. I too bought some of the supplies to make one but then found a fisher scientific for real cheap. I wasn't interested in screwing around with it just like you. Most things I would rather build myself but I wasn't interested in buidling one of these. Good find.

I also bought one from him in June and he shipped it to Croatia. Have to use a step down transformer , but it works great. We have 230 volt, 50 hertz power here and this thing seems to only work with 60 hertz, so I couldn't just use an AC adapter with it. Step down transformer did the trick though. Works great and he shipped it via the cheapest way possible and was an all around nice guy during the transaction.

At 15.50 shipped, there's really no motivation to DIY. I paid about $45 shipped for an old lab stirrer form the 1970's and I had to rewire the thing because the insulation was cracking off.

At 15.50 shipped, there's really no motivation to DIY. I paid about $45 shipped for an old lab stirrer form the 1970's and I had to rewire the thing because the insulation was cracking off.

Where did you see that? hid buy it nows are over $40 shipped.:confused:

Well, you just gotta watch them. He has a lot of them up for sale and they start at .99. I lucked out and got one for pretty cheap. I think I paid around $20. Well worth it to me.

Now I'm just gonna use the computer fan that I wired to an adapter and put it in my keezer. So I didn't do all that hard work for nothing. :D

I just received my stir plate, complete with stir bar and keeper magnet, today. Put it to the test immediately. Works great. This guy, who's an avid brewer, sells these on eBay and from his website. He's also got some flasks for sale that are pretty reasonable. The shipping's free if you get it from eBay, not sure if it's the same from his website.

His webiste: StirStarters.com

I ordered one from his website a few days ago and received it yesterday. Everything was nicely packaged and it works beautifully. It's really quiet, the stir bar snaps to the center with ease and gets a super vortex going within seconds.

Latest posts

Back