ball lock to pin lock adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinmann

Reaction score
Ball lock to pin lock adapter kits? Anyone know if this can be done? Everything I've seen only goes one way, pin to ball.

Thanks

Sub'd.

Where do ya' live?

I ask because, we could possibly do some keg trading if you are close by, ( shipping cost wise).

I use ball locks, and I am sittin' on a few extra pin locks, if it's a keg you be lookin' for.

Ball lock to pin lock adapter kits? Anyone know if this can be done? Everything I've seen only goes one way, pin to ball.

Thanks

depending on what manufacturer of keg you have, I'll gladly trade you pin lock fittings for ball. Want to swap? It's tough to beat free (+shipping.) The only tough thing is figuring out your manufacturer. Here's a link on how http://www.cornykeg.com/store.asp?pid=37604

Ross

...or...

These are the posts you would need to use your existing keg and just swap the fittings, depending on who made your keg. You can get them from amazon.

Cornelius manufactured keg
Ball Lock Post - Liquid
Ball Lock Post - Gas

Firestone manufactured keg
Ball Lock Post - Liquid
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00838UMUY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00838UMUY&linkCode=as2&tag=rossdacom-20&linkId=XQT5LQD27S2FGPES]Ball Lock Post - Gas[/URL]

Best of luck! I bet with the price difference now a lot of people are considering doing the opposite of what you are doing - buying pin and converting to ball lock.

No swapping. I'm trying to figure out if I can fit corny ball locks with pin lock posts.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm curious as to why people are so concerned with that when MFL goes on and off pretty easily (I mean you probably shouldn't finger tighten for the gas side but it's not worth buying a kit, I think). The connectors are cheap, so that can't be it.

I'm curious as to why people are so concerned with that when MFL goes on and off pretty easily (I mean you probably shouldn't finger tighten for the gas side but it's not worth buying a kit, I think). The connectors are cheap, so that can't be it.

Hear, hear. MFL connections give you adaptability to any connector on the market. Sanke, ball, pin...makes no difference.

well, connectors with MFL on them can be ~$7 each, so $14 total while you can find ball lock conversion kits for starting around $10. I'm with you on MFL, but it's still easier to have all of one connector type, and the price can be about the same depending on how many kegs you have.

Back