Sofa King Ridiculous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, some of the funniest people I have ever known are pretty darn old. Besides that, find me a politically correct old timer. Old people have no PC filter and I think it's great!

+1 to that.

If you don't like the name don't eat at the establishment. There are more egregious things you could be worrying about than the name of a burger establishment.

Meh. It's not that funny (and I'm certainly not one to refrain from cursing). It doesn't make any sense in the context of a burger joint; a furniture store called "Sofa King" would be amusing.

Meh. It's not that funny (and I'm certainly not one to refrain from cursing). It doesn't make any sense in the context of a burger joint; a furniture store called "Sofa King" would be amusing.

I'm with the bird. It's not that funny, but I have no issues with the name.

I'm pretty childish, with sophomoric humor and I've been known to pepper my speech with plenty of curse words. I wouldn't care either if my kids "tried to sound out the name", as if your small children think "so ****ing" instead of Sofa King, that sounds like a parenting issue. It's just not cute or funny, in my opinion. I don't care about it either way, really.

the_bird said:

I agree it's not that funny but it's also not at all offensive. A furniture store would be good. Our sleepers are sofa king comfortable you'll wonder why you even have a traditional bed.

I don't know, some of the funniest people I have ever known are pretty darn old. Besides that, find me a politically correct old timer. Old people have no PC filter and I think it's great!

I thought by giving a such a stupid, simplistic answer people would know I was kidding.

There used to be a Sofa King right next to Mattress King in the Northlake area of Atlanta. We always laughed when we went by, because we assumed it was owned by foreigners that didn't know any better.

Agreed- this is not particularly funny. It's like a joke my dad would tell me, but seriously, we need to lighten the hell up as a society. This is not damaging to anyone's development as a human being.

Clever. not THAT clever.

There goes my idea to name my next IIPA, "Sofa King Hoppy Ale"...

Was gonna have a large hop flower resting on a sofa, just to throw off the chillins.

This is why I never want to have children...not because I find that sign offensive in any way, but because I'll have to meet all the other parents that get SO butt hurt about this sort of stuff and want to shield their children from it. I just can't deal with those sort of people.

It's ironic we are discussing this on a forum that won't allow naughty words in its posts, isn't it?

The "outrage" should be surprising.

Back