where to buy sanke kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggenovez

Reaction score
Hi all,

I noticed that most of the RIMS systems use old sanke kegs.

Where does one get them?

Thanks

George

I'm in Bedford, Tx, DFW metroplex.

I checked out kegs.com. Cheapest they have is 50$ I imagine another 50 gets you shipping & handeling? I can probably find one precut for that price localy.

ebay seams to have soda kegs but not sanke kegs.

local distributor? can you elaborate?

Thanks

George

your local budmillcoors distributor. or, lurk behind your local bars and see what they leave out at night......not that i would do that :~)

ggenovez said:
I'm in Bedford, Tx, DFW metroplex.
I checked out kegs.com. Cheapest they have is 50$ I imagine another 50 gets you shipping & handeling?
Shipping is $20...just received one today.

I just picked up mine at Homebrew Headquarters in Richardson $90 ready to go just need a ballvalve. I think Kelly the owner? said he could sell the kegs for $30 for the do it you self type.
I work in a fab shop and could have done it myself, but I didn't like the idea of mixing buisness with pleasure ;)

Just so I won't sound like a bigger dope than I am while out looking for kegs, how is sanke pronounced?

Is it sanKEY or SKANKee or what?

Who would have thought trub was pronounced troob.... Now how is troob pronounced.... lol :eek:

Joe

Lounge Lizard said:
Just so I won't sound like a bigger dope than I am while out looking for kegs, how is sanke pronounced?
Is it sanKEY or SKANKee or what?
Who would have thought trub was pronounced troob.... Now how is troob pronounced.... lol :eek:
Joe

sanKey :) and wort is pronounced wurt.....go figure.....
side note here Joe. are you one of the Austin Lounge Lizards?:D

DeRoux's Broux said:
sanKey :) and wort is pronounced wurt.....go figure.....
side note here Joe. are you one of the Austin Lounge Lizards?:D

So it sorta sounds like Sanka coffee... but with an E on the end?

I already knew about wurt from reading Better Beer & How to Brew It (outdated book, btw). Thanks.

No, I've only been to Austin one time. I'm up here in DFW, home of the Dallas Cowgurls.... lol

ORRELSE said:
We could have a whole thread on this....
Krausen= kroy-zen
Vorlauf= wor-lawf
:)
hell, we could have a thread on spelling kraeusen-krausen :D

sorry joe, thinking you lived in austin somewhere...

Lounge Lizard said:
Sorry for what? No reason for dat....

I was just laughing at the Dallas Cowgurlz....

LTGTR :)
oh, no biggie. there's a band that i see playing in houston, austin, all the time, Austin Lounge Lizards. that you mighta been a front man or something:D

they looked like gurlz sunday! but my Texan's won a game woo-hoo!:drunk:

Well this thread is wicked old but I have been looking for a sanke to make a keggle out of and it's been a PITA

I am in Burlington VT so I figured magic hat might be able to help me out but they get their kegs from Microstar. I couldn't get a hold of anyone there but they are based out of CO so I'm not sure if they will be able to help me out. I guess when I get home I can check out kegs.com

Is kegs.com the best way to go? I tried scrap yard around here and none of them have em. I could wait for craigslist but I don't know how long that will take until one shows up.

Anyone have other suggestions?

Well this thread is wicked old but I have been looking for a sanke to make a keggle out of and it's been a PITA

I am in Burlington VT so I figured magic hat might be able to help me out but they get their kegs from Microstar. I couldn't get a hold of anyone there but they are based out of CO so I'm not sure if they will be able to help me out. I guess when I get home I can check out kegs.com

Is kegs.com the best way to go? I tried scrap yard around here and none of them have em. I could wait for craigslist but I don't know how long that will take until one shows up.

Anyone have other suggestions?

post a wanted ad on craigslist . Most people dont advertise that they have a keg and can't return to old missing receipt etc.

I also have been watching Craigslist, but I also watch for cities that are within driving distance for me. I am 15 minutes outside of Nashville and I will be driving 2 1/2 hours to pick up two, hopefully within the next 3 weeks. I also had my brother-in-law pick one up for me, and he is in Jacksonville, FL. I get that one this weekend. If you have family or friends in other states who plan to visit in the near future make sure you look at what is around them as well. Just my .02

Well the local distributors don't want to sell any kegs straight from their hands. I think I will call some frat houses and see if they have and laying around. Looking for 15 gallon sanke if anyone has one I will pay

We could have a whole thread on this....
Krausen= kroy-zen
Vorlauf= wor-lawf
:)

If I remember my German lessons correctly (from 40 odd years ago), vorlauf should be pronounced FOR-louf . Yes, the v is pronounced like a f, and the last syllable rhymes with loud.

Oh, and wort should be pronounced vurt, with a v, but it ain't. :)

Back