cabela's 3 burner cooker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitterman35

Reaction score
I am putting together an ag setup(on a budget) and saw this cooker at my local cabela's
link.jsp

wouldn't this work just as well as the more expensive sculptures if i hooked up a couple of pumps between my liquor/mash/brew kettles? my concern is the burners may to close together.

has anyone used this setup? Thanks.

I don't think it has enough space between the burners for keggles or big pots to fit on all 3 of them.

Same as I was gonna say. 54,000 sounds really low. I just bought a KA Bayou at 156,000 I know some guys use upwards of 185K to 200+K for AG

-1 on not enough heat. The 54,000BTU will work great. Thats what I use and it does not take long at all to get a crazy-out-of-control boil going on with a full keggle on there.

Space may be an issue. Email them to ask for some specs, I think you need about 15.5 inches of space per keggle.

That does look like an awesome deal. It would be a very easy and cheap way to start a really nice stand.

Wow, Wish I would have seen those two posts before I ordered. Mine. I would ahve went the the 46K burner for almost half the price. I thought you needed these big burners for 10 gallon batches. Why does everyone go so large if 56K is enough?

Back