No carb in root beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dstreetbrew

Reaction score
O I made my first batch of root beer using an extract. The direction say to let ferment for 3 day then refrigerate. I mad coming up on my third day of fermentation and still not bubbles... Any ideas.

I am having the same problems and I think it is because I activated my yeast in water that was too cold. The first batch didn't carbonate because (I was told) I used clorox and water solution to clean teh bottles. I used soap and water next time and my Ginger Ale carbonated ok. Now I have roon beer again and no carbonation. Frustrating

That would make som seance because I used bleach and water to clean my bottles. I was the opposite of u tho I think I made the wAter to hot for the yeast

I have some bottles of root beer sitting at home that I made last Saturday, so 6 days and they still aren't fully carbed up yet. After 3 days of no carbonation at all, I thought maybe the temp was wrong so I moved them to a stable 68 degree temp and that seems to have done it. They are carbing up now and should be ready in the next day or two.

Back