Bargain Fittings is AWESOME, here is why.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
This is what Wayne helped me build...

I used his weldless bulkheads and his electric element lock nuts and seals... beautful

NO leaks, sealed perfectly the FIRST time! Thanks Wayne and Bargain Fittings!

The end product:
P1030663.JPG

P1030661.JPG

Jesus, I thought my Boilermakers had enough stuff on them already! That thing must weight a ton!

Wow Pol, you were busy today! The new brewery looks great! Can't wait to see it completed. :)

The coil was (2) hours of agony... cutting, installing fittings, lining up the fittings on what amounts to a large spring...

The kettles were easy to drill, but I spent about 2 hours just LOCATING the holes on the BK. I am taking detailed notes, so if I build this again, I will have the measurements to save some time!

I am pleased with how it turned out

What are all those things? I've heard mention of "tri-clamp" fittings...what is that...what does that do? Are those tri-clamp? There is a ton of hardware...what are the 4 bolts on the outside of the bulkhead? Everything I've seen looks like this:

I mean...that looks insanely awesome, but ridiculously foreign at the same time.

How many bucks does that finished product cost by chance?

What are all those things? I've heard mention of "tri-clamp" fittings...what is that...what does that do? Are those tri-clamp? There is a ton of hardware...what are the 4 bolts on the outside of the bulkhead? Everything I've seen looks like this:

I mean...that looks insanely awesome, but ridiculously foreign at the same time.

How many bucks does that finished product cost by chance?

That kettle cost me $920 total

TriClamps are connectors, hard to explain them, Google that and you will see.

Here they are on the integrated SS chiller:
P1030641.JPG

(2) halves, seal in the middle, and the clamp that holds them together.

The bolts are on the ball valves, they are three piece ball valves, literally three pieces so you can dis-assemble them.

I got to meet Wayne at the LHBS and then again at the local brew club's brew day. He did a demonstration for the club of soldering fittings to ss pots.
Also: I made an order one morning and there was a USPS box at my house the next day. It does help that he's within ~60 miles of me.

+1 to Wayne at Bargainfittings He has great service, and has defanatley found a niche!

That reminds me, I need to order more stuff from him!

My parts were here lickity split too... and whenever I have a question, he is FAST to respond. Cant say anything bad about him or his business.

Pol,

Got a dumb question for you. Why are there 4 ball valves on your BK? I assume 2 are for the SS coil, and 1 for the pickup tube. Whats the fourth one for?

By the way I was gonna copy your original build, but I think I'll wait for this one instead.

Pol,

Got a dumb question for you. Why are there 4 ball valves on your BK? I assume 2 are for the SS coil, and 1 for the pickup tube. Whats the fourth one for?

By the way I was gonna copy your original build, but I think I'll wait for this one instead.

Whirlpool?

Pol,

(2) are for the chiller
(1) is for the kettle recirc
(1) is the pick-up

Wow. That looks like industrial-grade equipment. I've been very happy with my little old Bargain Fittings cooler conversion kit, and thought to see something similar, but that's really cool. Good to know the word is spreading- Bargain Fittings is the way to go!

Wow. That looks like industrial-grade equipment. I've been very happy with my little old Bargain Fittings cooler conversion kit, and thought to see something similar, but that's really cool. Good to know the word is spreading- Bargain Fittings is the way to go!

I appreciate all the kind words.

I am just glad some of my product is in the mix with gear that looks that slick.

I can say by looking at that coil it was NOT easy to get everything lined up and drilled.

I appreciate all the kind words.

I'm am just glad some of my product is in the mix with gear that looks that slick.

I can say by looking at that coil it was NOT easy to get everything lined up and drilled.

Hours and hours to locate holes. 2 hours to get the coil "right". I took detailed notes of hole locations and such, for the next build :D

P1030639.JPG

Hours and hours to locate holes. 2 hours to get the coil "right". I took detailed notes of hole locations and such, for the next build :D

P1030639.JPG

I am seriously impressed. I saw that and realized how much you agonized over it. I have a feeling I would have messed up the coil doing it by hand. I have worked with copper tubing alot and now I'm working with the stainless steel tubing in straight lengths and its a pain even with the bending tool.

This is annealed tubing and its still not fun to bend. At least you were working with a coil.

Just ordered from BF in part to this and other threads assuring me they're awesome :)

Decided to make my brewpot a little more "brew friendly" by adding a thermometer and a drain faucet to it (no more trying to pour hot boiling water into a bucket! Also went ahead and got the SS nut to put a water heater element in the brewpot so I can brew in the basement using the dryer's plug instead of gas on my stove and heating up the whole house! Brewing during "ac" months is not going to happen on gas in the kitchen that's for sure.

Wow, its a monster! Albeit a very shiny, very pretty monster... It certainly puts my enamelware pot to shame.

I can't wait to see this whole thing together...

I think The Pol needs to invite us all over for a brew day - there are enough of us in Indy to have a great meet-up.

I think you are right...

Get some meat on the smoker, fire up the grill... hrmmm

Back