Any Luck Colorado?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a LHBS out on Hwy 24...behind PT's called My Home Brew...There is a guy inside named Dwane. If you go see him, and make sure you have time to listen, he will surely have an opinion on how to grow and what type of hops you'll do best with.

I have have had success in Longmont growing Centennial and Williamettes. They are quite aggressive. This year I will try to keep them well manicured and harvest due to the hop shortage. A work friend has had good luck with cascades and used his harvest to brew. Where in CO will you be growing hops?

I live on the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. I am right against the Mountains with full sun most of the time and a perfect summer breeze. I will probably use the build a hill method. I think that I will order 20-30 rhizomes. Its good to know that there are people with sucess out there.

There are hops of unknown variety growing outside of Falling Rock in Downtown Denver.

Can you go and harvest them?

Thank you all for the advice. I am wanting to plant alot of these here on the academy so that they will grow wild after the houses on the academy are torn down.(About 3 years or so). That would be a very cool local secret. Kinda like a johnny apple seed.

Back