What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's called a whole lot of old prohibition laws they never repealed or changed since the freaking 1920s for gods sake its still illegal to make beer for your own consumption in Alabama. I live in Tennessee and you can't buy beer over 6% alcohol in a grocery store or gas station you have to go to the liquor store it's insane

Wanted something I could chew on

image-3468522886.jpg

Drinking a Newcastle Winter IPA. Not very impressed. I'd drink it again if it was given to me, but won't purchase again.

Pliney is amazing! I live near Eugene, Or and I have to hustle the local grocers to find it... My brother now works at a high end grocery store in Portland and snags me one when he gets a chance... Come to think of it, i need to call him :mug:

iambeer said:
I can get fresh young hefeweizen beer from Germany. Why can't I get "the legend" Pliny the Elder on the east coast? It's an IPA for ****ssake.

Madness! :cross:

Hey man, I wish I could get Hopslam :mug:

sour cherry stout. bourbon county stout recipe that was soured and added tart cherry juice. ****s awesome. brewed by Daniel Barker.

Dba that someone left here as a joke, I think.
They come and drink all of my good beer, and leave one DBA every time.
And my second to last Salvator, with my second to last Thor-Bock Alpha.
I need to brew at home again to get the pipeline back, shame I can't run home with a carboy's worth of wort....

FermentNEthinG said:
Sipping on some java and trying to wake my arse up...too many stouts before bed!

No ... impossible! You just failed to properly hydrate before turning in. ;)

On my second coffee waiting for the train. I think Dunkin Donuts uses a mini nuclear reactor for brewing. Takes so smurfin long to cool enough to drink!

My brown ale, really supised at how it turned out. Super delicious! Kind of like Abbot Ale.

Edit: It just hit me... I need to oak this beer... otherwise it's perfect.

Awesome! What are you thoughts on how it compares to Heady and Abrasive?

It's close to Abrasive, but as it warms the booze comes out a bit which kinda shadowed the hops. Nowhere close to Heady, but I see what you mean, very similar hops character. Really awesome IIPA.

Man.. It's been sounding pretty good this year

Really? I've heard exactly the contrary about this year's. Lot's of "wtf happened" chatter. It just got here to MN yesterday, so I've yet to try it out this year, but I was disappointed with last year's in comparison to years past.

FermentNEthinG said:
Very thin and no body. Like a glass of lightly malted water. Down the drain it goes. I need a home brew now.

What the eff!!! I love that beer. I've never had it in the can, but I can't imagine it being that much different than bottle.

What the eff!!! I love that beer. I've never had it in the can, but I can't imagine it being that much different than bottle.

Actually, in the nitro cans, it's a thing of beauty. I've been thinking about getting one since seeing the post above.

Another St. Louis gem from Schlafly.

HPIM1965.jpg

Really nice li'l hoppy pale.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Actually, in the nitro cans, it's a thing of beauty. I've been thinking about getting one since seeing the post above.

That's what I was thinking. Guess I'll have to pick some up.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Really? I've heard exactly the contrary about this year's. Lot's of "wtf happened" chatter. It just got here to MN yesterday, so I've yet to try it out this year, but I was disappointed with last year's in comparison to years past.
Well, to be fair I've only heard that from right coasters ;) we have higher standards over here. I had my first one last year, and I considered it to be in no way better than say, a DFH90. One of them balanced IPAs, with good malt character but not the hops of an epic IPA.

I am a fan out of the bottle myself. I had to try these nitro cans when I seen them though. Makes for a very light beer in the mouth feel area.

Well, to be fair I've only heard that from right coasters ;) we have higher standards over here. I had my first one last year, and I considered it to be in no way better than say, a DFH90. One of them balanced IPAs, with good malt character but not the hops of an epic IPA.

Totally agree. Really good, but not nearly what some make it out to be. A comparison to 90 Min is a good one, malt forward, li'l to sticky and not nearly enough hops.

But I think this year, even the east coasters are a tad less than blown away by this beer. Still, if you want some, let me know. I'll give you my honest opinion after I try this year's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back